Question about 3 Hopper setup

aaronwt6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2010
SE Georgia
I've seen several threads about this and I know it takes some kind of special permission but I figured I'd ask for feedback from some people that already have this done. I'll be installing a 3H/3J setup for a customer on the 26th. I haven't run the paperwork yet but I know there is no option for doing this on the retailer site. That being said, I'm debating just selecting the 2H/4J setup when I do and just dealing with the change on site when I install it or if I should make sure I have it all set up properly online ahead of time (if that's even possible). The customer is of course buying the 3rd unit directly from me so that is not an issue.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Just put in a service request on the retailer site. They should be able to grant you the exception. If you go through a distributor then give them a call and they should be able to help also.

Just put in a service request on the retailer site. They should be able to grant you the exception. If you go through a distributor then give them a call and they should be able to help also.

Thanks! I'll give that a shot. Equipment will be coming from Dow.

I had Dish install 2H/4J as leased equipment. Then, I purchased 2 extra Joeys and a 3rd Hopper from www.SolidSignal.com and self installed. The DIRT Team was able to get the purchased equipment activated. There are several wiring diagrams for 3 Hopper set-ups floating around the Hopper forum. I decided to use a solution that added a second Duo node to give me an extra client port for Joey hook-up; others use a Duo/Single node solution. Send me a message if you can't find them.

If you add the third Hopper, the maximun number of supported Joeys goes from 6 to 9.

I had Dish install 2H/4J as leased equipment. Then, I purchased 2 extra Joeys and a 3rd Hopper from www.SolidSignal.com and self installed. The DIRT Team was able to get the purchased equipment activated. There are several wiring diagrams for 3 Hopper set-ups floating around the Hopper forum. I decided to use a solution that added a second Duo node to give me an extra client port for Joey hook-up; others use a Duo/Single node solution. Send me a message if you can't find them.

If you add the third Hopper, the maximun number of supported Joeys goes from 6 to 9.

Thanks and good to know. It'll be 3H/3J so less than what you have. I figured that it shouldn't be that big of a deal since the 3rd Hopper will be purchased but had read otherwise on a few occasions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)