Question about 4K Joey Picture Freezing

DialgaChampion

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2015
New York
It seems like multiple times a day, specifically when watching live tv on my 4k joey, the picture will sometimes freeze for about 5-10 seconds and then resume. When this happens, the black "live" text will appear at the bottom-right corner of the screen, almost like it's indicating the signal was cut out for a few seconds and it's been re-established.

This only happens once every hour or so, and DVR shows are fine. I was thinking maybe it's an issue with the LNB outside on the dish, but I haven't noticed it happening on the main Hopper 3, so I think it's isolated to the joey itself.

Already reset and unplugged both the H3 and the joey. Also tried doing a check switch on the main hopper, no errors, link quality is strong, and both 61.5 and 72 show green with 46-62 signal on both of them, depending on the transponder and the channel that's being watched, of course.

Do you guys think it might be an issue with the 4k joey itself, or is this a known issue with joeys? Seems like it's been happening for a few months now, and I've had this joey for a little over 2 years at this point.

It seems like multiple times a day, specifically when watching live tv on my 4k joey, the picture will sometimes freeze for about 5-10 seconds and then resume. When this happens, the black "live" text will appear at the bottom-right corner of the screen, almost like it's indicating the signal was cut out for a few seconds and it's been re-established.

This only happens once every hour or so, and DVR shows are fine. I was thinking maybe it's an issue with the LNB outside on the dish, but I haven't noticed it happening on the main Hopper 3, so I think it's isolated to the joey itself.

Already reset and unplugged both the H3 and the joey. Also tried doing a check switch on the main hopper, no errors, link quality is strong, and both 61.5 and 72 show green with 46-62 signal on both of them, depending on the transponder and the channel that's being watched, of course.

Do you guys think it might be an issue with the 4k joey itself, or is this a known issue with joeys? Seems like it's been happening for a few months now, and I've had this joey for a little over 2 years at this point.
Could be cabling - water infiltration comes to mind

Reactions: charlesrshell
Sounds like it's temporarily losing connection with the hopper. I'd try replacing the hub, and checking all the fittings for corrosion, which would indicate water infiltration like hipkat suggested.

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)