Question about 721 install

The 721 came out before "DishPro Plus" was applied to dual tuner receivers but received a software upgrade to work with DPP. That was originally only with the DPP44 but now also includes the DPP Twin. We'll have to wait and see how long it takes to get Dish 1000.2 support added.

software level for 721 and DPPlus?

BobaBird said:
The 721 came out before "DishPro Plus" was applied to dual tuner receivers but received a software upgrade to work with DPP. That was originally only with the DPP44 but now also includes the DPP Twin. We'll have to wait and see how long it takes to get Dish 1000.2 support added.

I just came back to Dish and have the HDGold pkg. The installer put in a 622 & 625, a dpplus lnb and a second dish aimed at 61.5. I wanted to go 622 and my old 721, but, I was told that the 721 isn't compatible with the DPplus gear. Hence the 625.

If it is only a matter of a software download to the 721 I would be a happy camper.

Can anyone help me here?

721 compatability

I have a 721/510 connected to DPP Twin and Separator on 721 and it works. However, I hate the 721. I only keep it because of no DVR fee and I don't keep a LAN line so it saves me $11 a month, but I'm tempted to pay the diff. and upgrade, because they are not upgrading the 721 to name based recording and everytime I have to do a front panel reset it takes up to 15 minutes to get back to programming. Very frustrating. I would go with the 625 or 522 if it was me.

You have a bad 721. I haven't had to reset mine in years. And I don't think it ever took 15 minutes.

Yes, NBR would be nice, but since I have a ViP622 on the 61" HDTV there's not much point in recording on the 721 in the bedroom. We're just slowly watching all the stuff left over on it. Down to only 70 hours left to watch!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts