Question about 811 installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kpeercy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
My 811 is being installed as we speak, but I may have a problem. I have a 2001 model Panasonic 47" WS with two sets of component inputs, but no DVI. When I connect a DVD player directly to the component input, it automatically plays with no problem. However, when I connected the 811 directly to the TV using component cables, the picture is all jumbled up and flickers. Now, I've read in the 811 user's guide that I need to connect the RCA A/V cables also if my TV isn't plug-n-play to get an initial picture and set the HDTV resolution/format, etc. Then, it says to switch the TV to component cables to see the picture. Am I right? Is that fact that I'm not seeing a picture using the component cables because of formatting that I can correct after installation is completed? Anyone seen this problem?

Correct, your installer should be doing this for you.

Although I think it is a setting with the 811, not your TV.

My installer did it for me and almost forgot, I asked him and he said, Oh yeah!

peid said:

My installer did it for me and almost forgot, I asked him and he said, Oh yeah![/QUOTE

My installer hadn't seen an 811 before today. I sure hope a setting fixes it, since I don't have DVI and HD won't work with anything less than component. If not, I've wasted my time/money.

The DVI connection is the same way, you need to make an adjustment in the 811 menu somewhere.

Somebody on this board will know, unfortunately, I don't.

Your installer should call Dish Technical Support to find out before he leaves.

This is part of the install and not your problem.

Menu 6-1-9 and then pick the resolution of your monitor. If you set it to 1080i you most assuredly should have a picture on component.

kpeercy said:
peid said:

My installer did it for me and almost forgot, I asked him and he said, Oh yeah![/QUOTE

My installer hadn't seen an 811 before today. I sure hope a setting fixes it, since I don't have DVI and HD won't work with anything less than component. If not, I've wasted my time/money.

Using the svideo or composite cable, go into the menu, punch in 6,1, 9, HD Setup. If you are checked at 720P, change it to 1080I. That mightchange things for you. The 811 comes with 720P defaulted and most TVs are 1080I only.

Bobby said:
Using the svideo or composite cable, go into the menu, punch in 6,1, 9, HD Setup. If you are checked at 720P, change it to 1080I. That mightchange things for you. The 811 comes with 720P defaulted and most TVs are 1080I only.

Just to follow up on this, you guys were right. Component video will not initially work with an 811. You must have the receiver activated, the HD package ordered and the menu 6-1-9 thing changed to matched the capabilities of your TV. It works like a charm, now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts