Question about 942

SHAWN757

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2005
Do you need two cables for the dual tuners? Or can it be done with splitting one cable? I am asking this because A tech. who came to correct a problem I was having with my Super dish told me you can split the cable and you can use both tuners. But according to a dish network technical support agent you need two line coming from the dp 44. Is he right?

SHAWN757 said:
Do you need two cables for the dual tuners? Or can it be done with splitting one cable? I am asking this because A tech. who came to correct a problem I was having with my Super dish told me you can split the cable and you can use both tuners. But according to a dish network technical support agent you need two line coming from the dp 44. Is he right?

You only need one cable from the DPP44 to the 942. Then use the separator that Dish supplies with the 942 to "split the signal" to both tuners on the back of the 942.

scottcorinna said:
You only need one cable from the DPP44 to the 942. Then use the separator that Dish supplies with the 942 to "split the signal" to both tuners on the back of the 942.

You need to have the DISH PRO PLUS LNB and us the splitter supplied in the box.

The Dish Pro Plus TWIN and the Dish Pro Plus 44 both can be used to run a single cable to a two tuner DISH receiver. You then use a Dish Pro Plus separator instead of a splitter to connect both tuners, no way is this a signal splitter. Think of the separator as a switch that divides the signal to the two tuners by supplying the needed signal from either 110,119 or the third satellite connected to a TWIN or the two additional satellites that can be attached to a DPP44.

Thanks for the info. I am glad to hear this as I have no way to run another line to the receiver from the dish.