Question about adding channel

thor2j

Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
I live in the Orlando area and have a number of digital channels via OTA. One channel which is available is WRDQ-DT channel 14. It is supposedly 14-0 (which I thought meant analog). It dosen't show up in the digital scan, but if I go to add digital manually I can put in channel 14 and it show 14 in green with an 84% signal. When I name it and save it it doesn't show up anywhere. I know my neighbor gets it with his Davetv OTA receiver. ANy thoughts????

thor2j said:
I live in the Orlando area and have a number of digital channels via OTA. One channel which is available is WRDQ-DT channel 14. It is supposedly 14-0 (which I thought meant analog). It dosen't show up in the digital scan, but if I go to add digital manually I can put in channel 14 and it show 14 in green with an 84% signal. When I name it and save it it doesn't show up anywhere. I know my neighbor gets it with his Davetv OTA receiver. ANy thoughts????

Are you using one of your "favorites" guides? If so you may want to change your guide to "All Sub" or "All Channels". If this is the case you need to add this channel to your favorites list.

thor2j said:

Thor2J, I have the same problem with 25-1, I was able to add it before 269, but now, even though I get 90+ on signal strength, It wont add. The strange thing is that when I name it (say "CBS"), it does not show up on my locals list or anywhere, but it renames my 1st back panel input channel name "CBS". Can you check that to see if it renames your back panel input. I have already called Dish CSR and talked to an engineer and she said she noted it as a possible bug. Please let me know :no

Oakenshld said:
Thor2J, I have the same problem with 25-1, I was able to add it before 269, but now, even though I get 90+ on signal strength, It wont add. The strange thing is that when I name it (say "CBS"), it does not show up on my locals list or anywhere, but it renames my 1st back panel input channel name "CBS". Can you check that to see if it renames your back panel input. I have already called Dish CSR and talked to an engineer and she said she noted it as a possible bug. Please let me know :no

I checked it and sure enough it renamed my rear input as well. Another glitch of the 811 I guess.

thor2j said:
I checked it and sure enough it renamed my rear input as well. Another glitch of the 811 I guess.

This stinks! :mad: As I get only 5 digital channels, since 269 (and now 280) I have lost 20% of my OTA digital because of this. This is my CBS channel and my local CBS carries a lot of HD content. I am going to call Dish again and see if I can get another 811.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)