Question About Adding Second Reciever

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I know through the Disn'n It Up Program, I can add another receiver (i.e. 622 or 722). However, with the sling loaded dvr on the horizon, I want to save that option because your only allowed to do that once per year, so my question is such: is there any other way to add a second receiver except by "buying" one (I used quotation marks because even though you "buy" it, you're still leasing it) without losing that once a year option with Dish'n It Up?

Not that I'm aware of although people have received multiple receiver upgrades from E* at times. I anticipate the demand for the 922 will be pretty high so if you really want a shot at it, I wouldn't use the Dish'N It Up right now. You can purchase a 211/211k and add an external HD and have a basic HD DVR for another TV. Buy a used or refurbed one for even less.

That sucks, but thanks for the advice. I might look into buying a receiver, but not happy about doing that!

It may only be a few months until the 922 is available. However, based on the fact E* said in November the 722k would be available shortly and hasn't yet appeared, I'm cautious about the anticipated Spring release. You can always resell a purchased receiver after you get a 922, recouping part of the cost. I've seen new 211Ks on ebay for $150 or so, 211s even less. The nice thing about the 211 is that you don't pay any DVRs fees for its basic recording features after the one-time $39 activation fee for the EHD.

Wow . . . Dish just called, set up the appointment and a 622 will be here and installed with a 2 year commitment for a refundable $100 with monthly credits; way to go Dish!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts