Question about canceling contract with Dish

There is a new 2-year contract on most additions. Used to be a one-year add-on but you had to pay upfront money for the additional gear in many cases.

Lloyd

I certainly didn't either time I added. (VIP receivers) All the people who have added Joeys had to start a new contract? Others who have added a VIP 612 or similar had to?

Edit - Granted this is a phone CSR... I asked about adding a receiver to my account (Vip 722) they gave me the additional cost per month (correctly) and I asked if there was any other fee, told them I already had the room wired so no installation. In my case at least the CSR said there is nothing else, I asked is there any contract. She paused a second, then said you have no contract at this time and this will not change that. Do I want a Hopper? They will upgrade me for free with a two year contract... I said no, and I will think about the additional VIP. Perhaps it depends somehow on the customer? She was wrong telling me no contract?

Maybe it's a function of currently being in a new user contract and then adding equipment that extends the contract. Once you've satisfied the original contract then maybe additions do not trigger a new contract. Maybe.

Reactions: Tampa8
Chad is correct, only the higher amount would apply.

Sorry to resurrect my old post, I just made another post reply but just noticed you replied to this. Can you please PM me if you are free so we can discuss? I just contacted Dish again and was told again i had two commitments and the cancellation would be the total of both. I would love to hear for sure from someone at dish that this isn't so.

Thank you.
Sam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts