Question about dish home advantage

scooter2479

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
La Plata,Mo
Ok, I signed up on the Dish Home Advantage special almost a year ago. I got a 322 and a 522. I had alot of prob's with the 322 and finally got a real tech and figured out it was the reciever itself and got a new one plus the contractor didn't even install a ground block, duh. Anyway.

Is this special for a year? I called and wanted to replace the 322 with another DVR and the csr said I couldn't do this since I was on the DHA plan. I was only allowed 1 DVR. If it is a one year promo, can I upgrade after the year and swap the 322 for another dvr? She did tell me I could go and buy a 625 and activate it but I don't wanna spend that kinda cash just to get VOD. I would rather just lease another 522. Thanks in advance guys.

Dish Installer here, and according to what I know Dish won't allow you to lease 2 522's. You could be leasing a 522 and two 510's but not two 522's. Not sure exactly the reason why though...maybe they feel cheated that you would be able to have dvr in all 4 rooms and not have to pay the $10 to mirror progaraming to other two room...assuming you have a phone line connected to your two duak tuners.

scooter2479 said:
Ok, I signed up on the Dish Home Advantage special almost a year ago. I got a 322 and a 522. I had alot of prob's with the 322 and finally got a real tech and figured out it was the reciever itself and got a new one plus the contractor didn't even install a ground block, duh. Anyway.

Is this special for a year? I called and wanted to replace the 322 with another DVR and the csr said I couldn't do this since I was on the DHA plan. I was only allowed 1 DVR. If it is a one year promo, can I upgrade after the year and swap the 322 for another dvr? She did tell me I could go and buy a 625 and activate it but I don't wanna spend that kinda cash just to get VOD. I would rather just lease another 522. Thanks in advance guys.
Sorry you are under a lease promotion from DISH Notwerk, there is no time limit on their rules. They can change the rules anytime they want. Under DHA only 1 DVR522 is allowed but you could lease a DVR 510 as a replacement for your 322. DHA also has a maximim of 4 tuners so you could add a 301/311 with a 510. As the CSR explained you could also purchase a 522/625 at retail and add it to your account outside the lease portion. Check with DISH Notwerk you may be able to lease a 942 for a $250 upgrade fee in place of the 322, that is allowed under new DHA rules. :) :) :)

yes the 510 is a single tuner version of the 522. There are a few software differences as well but as far a the basics of a DVR they are the same. The same is true for a 311/301 verses a 322. the difference between the 311 and 301 is that the 311 is cardless and the 301 has a card.

The DHA isn't a contract, but in order to have 2 or more 522s you'll probably have to buy them, maybe you can lease one and buy the other.. but yeah.

scooter2479 said:
SO they will allow me to lease a 510 in place of the 322?
They should it is allowed equipment under DHA. Call DISH Notwerk and ask, they own your equipment so it is their final decesion. :) :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)