Question about Dish Hopper 3 video output resolution

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rexlan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
I have a good Sony projector (VPL-HW45 ES) and a 120" screen in a dedicated room. I am using a Hopper 3 for movies and can not seem to find out if the quality is 1080p or 720p or what it is. My projector can handle all of it. Is there a setting or a way to see what the output resolution from the Hopper is?

Thank you

Output should be set in the settings menu to 1080i/(2160p on Hopper3). 1080p is available on some select VOD. 1080i is the best available on cable and broadcast channels and the Dish receivers do a fine job of converting 720p to 1080i, no need to set receiver to 720p for those channels.

Thanks very much ... I will get right on it.

Does this one setting on the Hopper carry over to the Joey or do they also need to be set individually?

Out of curiosity what do you think of the picture quality coming out of the hopper three on your extremely large screen?

Out of curiosity what do you think of the picture quality coming out of the hopper three on your extremely large screen?

Picture is good but only because of the projector quality. Not sure it would be as good on my screen with a lesser projector. I have a 120" with a 7.1 surround system. The picture quality limit is the Hopper .... DVD's seem better but I only have a couple.

DVD resolution is 480i, your Hopper 3 should be set to 1080i.

Hopper should be noticeably better than DVD resolution even if Hopper is set to 720p.

Occasionally a receiver may get stuck on a resolution, change it to 480i then back to 1080i and see if that jogs it.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)