Question about Dish Network

Are the cable network feeds from the EASTERN TIME ZONE like they are on DirecTV?

Lodi,

If having Satellite and getting Eastern Time zone feeds of "Cable Channels" is a problem for you on the West Coast, I have one quick Suggestion, GET A DVR.

With a DVR and either Dish or DirecTV you can watch any and all "Cable Channels" from your DVR in your time shifted Time Zone without having to watch a single Commercial. All Primetime programing aired from the Eastern Time Zone will be completely recorded when you sit down at 8PM Pacific time every night.

John

Thank you! That's what I wanted to know. Both me and my boss are currently with DirecTV and are both thinking about getting DISH Network because of VERSUS and because of a few other things. It's seems DirecTV has really slowed down on their HD stuff. And that new NFL RED ZONE channel sounds really intresting also.

Anyway, both of else like having the eastern feeds. And my boss called Dish Network and asked about the the Cable Network feeds and said that they have a WEST Coast feed on a diffrent satellite for the west coast! lol I guess the guy on the phone was wrong.

Lodi25 said:
And my boss called Dish Network and asked about the the Cable Network feeds and said that they have a WEST Coast feed on a diffrent satellite for the west coast! lol I guess the guy on the phone was wrong.
I'd chalk this one up to confusion, or more likely not understanding the question. Dish has duplicated its service on a set of satellites at 61.5-72.7-77 dubbed the Eastern Arc. The original service from 110-119-129 is now informally known as Western Arc. Both arcs for the most part carry the eastern feeds of networks. There are a few east and west feeds available; Showtime, HBO and Disney come to mind.

If you get the DVR, you'll be able to stop scheduling your life around when some network wants you to be watching TV. It's freed me up to ... watch even more TV! ... now that I don't have to miss much of anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)