Question about Dish's HD DVR

If you receive stations via OTA on your box, you can record something on the OTA in HD, something on Tuner1 in HD and something else on Tuner 2 in HD. You can then watch any recorded event on TV1 and another event on TV2.

5 things at once... Not bad from one box!

He simply has to set up 3 simultaneous timers. As long as one and only one is OTA it works.Again you are using Tuner 1 nd Tuner 2 as well as the OTA tuner. This is different from TV 1 and TV . either TV can use either satellite tuner.

I record and watch HD at the same time often. In fact I can record 3 channels (with the OTA) in HD and still watch HD on the DVR. Dish did a great job with the DVR.

It never fails to amaze me when on a Monday or Tuesday I have 3 shows recordinging, all HD from the sat and ota. At that same time its doing that i am watching an entirely different show on TV1 that i recorded a week earlier and TV2 is showing a recorded show from another day in the bedroom.

So record 3 at a time and playback 2 others at the same time.... simply amazing, thats some serious data transfer going on there.

-Jonathan

It never fails to amaze me when on a Monday or Tuesday I have 3 shows recordinging, all HD from the sat and ota. At that same time its doing that i am watching an entirely different show on TV1 that i recorded a week earlier and TV2 is showing a recorded show from another day in the bedroom.

So record 3 at a time and playback 2 others at the same time.... simply amazing, thats some serious data transfer going on there.

-Jonathan

Are you in single or dual mode?

Are you in single or dual mode?

I don't think that matters for this. Dual mode allows you to watch separate programs on the two TVs---and disables PiP---but you are not using different TVs you ar using the different tuners. I know no one believes me but those are totally different concepts and the reference to TV 1 and T V 2 instead o the separate tuners is confusing things.

I don't think that matters for this. Dual mode allows you to watch separate programs on the two TVs---and disables PiP---but you are noy using different TVs you ar using the different tuners. I know no one believes me but those are totally different concepts and the reference to TV 1 and T V 2 instead o the separe tuners is confusing things.

Agreed. TV1 and TV2 are outputs, Tuners 1/2 and OTA are inputs, is how i would see it. So i can record from all three inputs simultaneously and then watch two different recorded shows on the two outputs.

I beleive you 100% on the separation of these items.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)