Question about DPP44 installation

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Right now I'm on an Eastern Arc setup with one 1000.4 LNBF on the roof.

It feeds three receivers: VIP 211, VIP622, and VIP722k but I'd like to add a fourth.

If I purchase a DPP44, is the installation basically connecting all three existing lines to the DP44, and then connecting the receivers to the DPP44? Is it more complicated than that? (i.e. do I have to do anything with the dish on the roof?)

Thanks!

Single line for each satellite location to the DPP44 switch (in your case 3) and then feed the receivers from the switch. Nothing to do to the dish. Make sure you connect the PI on port 1 of the switch.

Thanks for the reply!

If I understand correctly, my existing three satellite lines are connected to the first three ports on the 1000.4 LNBF. Is that right?

When I plug each existing line into the DPP44, each line will be carrying one satellite, right? Does the order matter or could the original installation technician connected my lines in a different fashion?

Thanks for the reply!

If I understand correctly, my existing three satellite lines are connected to the first three ports on the 1000.4 LNBF. Is that right?

When I plug each existing line into the DPP44, each line will be carrying one satellite, right? Does the order matter or could the original installation technician connected my lines in a different fashion?
It is best to locate the DPP44 at a location tween the dish and the rec units. Mine is about 10 ft away from the 3 dishes I use. Then the lines to the receivers. If you have say easy access to lines coming into an attic or under the eve of the house. Those would be a good places to mount the DPP44. Be sure to use the power inserter to the port one output of the switch. The power inserter can be tween any of the receivers but has to be connected to port 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts