Question about existing customer and HD locals on 77W

dead3ye

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Central PA
I have searched and read through countless threads and I can't find a definative answer so sorry if this question(s) has been asked before:

Currently I have AT250 /HD Plat. 2 622's, DP+ 500 @ 110/119, and a 300 @ 61.5. Reading the uplink reports, it appears that my HD locals are going to be on 77 (Harrisburg, PA).

WTH am I going to have to do to get my locals in HD? Go to EA? From what I'm reading, I can't get EA because I'm an existing customer or is that not the case? If I do get EA, what do I have to pay for to upgrade?

BTW, I did not receive a new smartcard yet.

TIA

You should wait until the channels are turned on. Once they are Dish should set you up with what you need to get them. Just because the EA is currently for new customers does not mean it will stay that way. I'm not sure but I don't think the Vip receivers are getting new smart cards at this time, I cannot confirm this nor I have I heard anything to dispute it either.

Dish usually will do a free upgrade with a commitment for locals. Wait until your market goes live then call Dish and ask what deal they have.

Just be happy with what you GOT. Patience!

I have had enough patience. If it wouldn't be for me receiving the Wash DC locals becaused I "moved", I would have ran out of patience a long time ago.

Does anybody have a time frame when these channels will go live?

Thanks for the responses.

Lets not even go down this road. Two other threads, I've just went off. No locals here either in Southern DE.
3089140b581a901e89813acqe3.jpg

I just got smart cards for my VIP622 & VIP722 on Nov 7th. The letter said "Dish Network receivers would expire within 2 weeks of receiving the smart cards". John

Lets not even go down this road. Two other threads, I've just went off. No locals here either in Southern DE.
3089140b581a901e89813acqe3.jpg

You know, I understand your situation, but how much more local do you want? Especially when you live within an hour of DC, Philly, etc. Why aren't one of those your locals? Do you not qualify for any of them and get none?

The nearest local station for me is OVER an hour away. :)

You should wait until the channels are turned on. Once they are Dish should set you up with what you need to get them. Just because the EA is currently for new customers does not mean it will stay that way. I'm not sure but I don't think the Vip receivers are getting new smart cards at this time, I cannot confirm this nor I have I heard anything to dispute it either.
Yes the ViP receivers are getting the new smart cards. I have mine already!

You know, I understand your situation, but how much more local do you want? Especially when you live within an hour of DC, Philly, etc. Why aren't one of those your locals? Do you not qualify for any of them and get none?

The nearest local station for me is OVER an hour away. :)

Well, with some work I changed my address to work with the Philly area. I have no clue whats going on around me because its all Philly. :O(

New Dish Cust. East Arc Questions.

Will 1000.4 reveiver work off of 110 and 119?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)