Question about Flex

My point was that maybe DISH would offer the option of adding the Titan app and using it for full ota guide information, for those who have the internet connected to their hoppers. Just like older DISH receivers don't have Netflix app or You tube app on them , this would be a perk for Hopper owners and an incentive to subs to upgrade to the hopper .
My point was that Dish would probably only implement this on the Hopper 3, and then keep bumping it forward to only the newest Hopper whenever new Hopper models are introduced, so even subscribers with older Hopper models would not be able to take advantage of this. Even if the Hopper owners gain the feature for awhile, Dish may take it away from them once a newer toy is available, to try to force them to upgrade.

Unfortunately for people without good or any internet, all ota dvr options require internet for the guide service. The only way to get ota recording without depending on internet for schedules is to buy one of those cheap digital tuner boxes that allow you to connect a hdd. You can then use psip data to record (good luck with the accuracy of that). But you can still get weekly print magazines that have local tv schedules.
You can get a app for your smartphone that will give you all your local TV listings even the sub channels

Sent from my LG-H901 using the SatelliteGuys app!

My point was that Dish would probably only implement this on the Hopper 3, and then keep bumping it forward to only the newest Even if the Hopper owners gain the feature for awhile, Dish may take it away from them once a newer toy is available, to try to force them to upgrade.

Possibly, but it would be nice to have the option either way.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts