Question about FOX news

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Unfortunately, I trust news on Facebook more than any of the mainstream folks. If something in particular catches my eye, I run with it, looking at all sources on a websearch.

Problem is most fox news viewers are watching thinking that they are watching hard hitting journalists who are reporting facts. The reality is fox news is in the entertainment business and should be viewed as such. And no this is not a political statement either before you all get your panties in a wad. Roger Ailes said it himself. I dont care about any of the three main 24 hour news channels

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Problem is most fox news viewers are watching thinking that they are watching hard hitting journalists who are reporting facts. The reality is fox news is in the entertainment business and should be viewed as such. And no this is not a political statement either before you all get your panties in a wad. Roger Ailes said it himself. I dont care about any of the three main 24 hour news channels

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!
With the exception of two shows on the network, One America News Network is the only news network I've seen that doesn't include opinion, just straight-up news.

Reactions: JSheridan
With the exception of two shows on the network, One America News Network is the only news network I've seen that doesn't include opinion, just straight-up news.

Journalism shouldn't necessarily be free of opinion, as long as that opinion is built on reliable information and involves critical thinking. Most of the opinion shows on the big cable news networks fail to meet these requirements from what I've seen, and far too many of them involve multiple people yelling at each other. From what I've seen of OAN at my parents' house, they are not without a slant to their reporting, but I don't necessarily have a problem with that as long as it is sane. As you mention, they do have a couple of opinion shows which are just as bad as anything else.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Journalism shouldn't necessarily be free of opinion, as long as that opinion is built on reliable information and involves critical thinking. Most of the opinion shows on the big cable news networks fail to meet these requirements from what I've seen, and far too many of them involve multiple people yelling at each other. From what I've seen of OAN at my parents' house, they are not without a slant to their reporting, but I don't necessarily have a problem with that as long as it is sane. As you mention, they do have a couple of opinion shows which are just as bad as anything else.
Which is why I listen to POTUS on SiriusXM. It has a right wing slant, but not unreasonably and reports more news than you get from the big three

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)