Question about HDMI

Chris36

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 24, 2009
Rhode Island
Is there a difference with 3D HDMI at all with the picture or audio or it's the same as a regular HDMI?

Thanks,
Chris

I mean is a 3D HDMI any different then a regular HDMI cable?? I have a 3D TV I didn't know if there was a difference between the 2 cables at all.

I've never heard of a 3D HDMI cable. Sounds like a marketing term.

You should have an HDMI 1.4 cable. I'd avoid anyone calling it a "3D HDMI cable." Plenty of respectable sources for 1.4 cables, such as Monoprice. You probably have only HDMI 1.3 cables. Yes, there is a difference. Will you visually notice? ........

Okay thanks. I was on dishnetwork site and they had a 3D HDMI cable listing that's why I was asking if they made a 3D cable or not. Was under they 3D programming I think.

Hmmm. Per HERE they aren't supposed to list cables as 1.3 or 1.4. The classifications are: Standard, Standard with Ethernet, Standard Automotive, High Speed and High Speed with Ethernet. A High Speed should work for 3D. Standard may work for short lengths.

And yes, I now see Monoprice lists them correctly- e.g. "High Speed."

Good question, I learned something.

Exactly. Dropped numbering on cables. You need a High Speed cable for 3D. Previously certified 1.3 cables are high speed and will work just fine.

S~

They should be labeled on the cable. The majority of cables will work. Try what you have. They'll either work, or they won't.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)