Question about Hybrid LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chainblu

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
A Hybrid EA LNB just fell into my my hands (found dish and all in a pile of recycling). I know it won't work with my older equipment (722, 211k), but the mad scientist in me wants to try. What would happen if I ran the two outputs directly into a DPP 44 switch? Also, would it work with a single Wally, like for camping?

I haven't tried this... But I believe it will work with older receivers even without the DPP44.

Reactions: pattykay
A Hybrid EA LNB just fell into my my hands (found dish and all in a pile of recycling). I know it won't work with my older equipment (722, 211k), but the mad scientist in me wants to try. What would happen if I ran the two outputs directly into a DPP 44 switch? Also, would it work with a single Wally, like for camping?
It won't work with the switch, but it will with the Wally. You will just only have 1 tuner if I remember correctly. I've done VIP to Hopper upgrades, swapped the LNB and went into the house where the old receiver - a 211, 722, etc was back on live TV, but the Dual Tuners, TV2 wasn't operating any longer with the DPH LNBF.

It won't work with the switch,
Out of curiosity, is there any switch that is officially supported to use with a DPH LNB? I know a couple of members reported success using a DPH42 switch with a DPH LNB. However, the official supported solution (in the DPH42 instructions) is to only use DPP LNB's with the DPH42.

but it will with the Wally. You will just only have 1 tuner if I remember correctly.
If I remember correctly, an unmodified Wally will still tie up two tuners out of the total 16 tuners available with a DPH LNB (or two of the 32 tuners available with a DPH42 switch). There is a special code that Dish can place on the account for MDU or commercial accounts, if they want more Wally receivers connected to a single dish and/or switch, that makes each Wally single-tuner. On the Diagnostics screen, the model listed will change to Wally T (or Wally COMM T) when this code is applied.

I've done VIP to Hopper upgrades, swapped the LNB and went into the house where the old receiver - a 211, 722, etc was back on live TV, but the Dual Tuners, TV2 wasn't operating any longer with the DPH LNBF.
You didn't mention whether you did the Check Switch on the old receiver. I know that the customer probably wouldn't want you wasting your time trying to get the old receiver working, since they are upgrading anyway. However, I was thinking that since you swapped the LNB, a Check Switch may still be necessary to get the old receiver to recognize the new LNB for both tuners. If it still doesn't work after the Check Switch, then it could just be a case of the separator being incompatible with the DPH LNB. That still would not rule out the possibility of two cables directly from the DPH LNB to the dual-tuner receiver (without using a separator) working properly. It may be a fun experiment for someone who has the equipment and the time to try it.

You didn't mention whether you did the Check Switch on the old receiver. I know that the customer probably wouldn't want you wasting your time trying to get the old receiver working, since they are upgrading anyway. However, I was thinking that since you swapped the LNB, a Check Switch may still be necessary to get the old receiver to recognize the new LNB for both tuners. If it still doesn't work after the Check Switch, then it could just be a case of the separator being incompatible with the DPH LNB. That still would not rule out the possibility of two cables directly from the DPH LNB to the dual-tuner receiver (without using a separator) working properly. It may be a fun experiment for someone who has the equipment and the time to try it.
No, no Check Switch. The scenario is upgrading from say a 211 or 722 to Hopper. Customer has the TV on when I get there. I change the LNB before anything else. Take the Hopper in to start the USB Download and the TV is still on and getting signal. I never noticed with a 211, but I've even put the Solo Hub in and the 722 was still showing TV. But, just where the TV1 is. TV2 showed Complete Signal Loss

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts