Question about "moving" and guide data if still using antenna in orig market

jkozlow3

Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
So I live in Colorado Springs and use an OTA antenna for HDTV. The local affiliates here mess up the HD feed ALL the time. They forget to flip the switch half the time and whenever they show weather warnings (seemingly every time it drizzles rain) they revert to an SD feed.

So, I was thinking of "moving" to Denver which broadcasts HD locals through Dish (not on a spotbeam either). That way, I could have Denver HD locals via my Dish and Colorado Springs HD locals via my OTA antenna. Then when the affiliates here screw up the HD feed I can just switch to the Denver station.

I just thought of a potential problem though. Dish sends the guide data for the CO Springs locals I receive OTA. However, if I switch to the Denver market, would I lose guide data for the CO Springs locals since the channel numbers for my new market would now be different? I still want to use the CO Springs locals as my primary channel, with Denver as a "backup" for when our affiliates screw up the HD feed. Will I lose guide data for the CO Springs channels though?

Thanks!

I have Richmond, VA OTA guide data and NY Local HD E* guide data. You will be good to go.

The only thing is you have to explain to company why you have two sets of locals.

722's on Back-order!

622 Difficult to reboot after power failure

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)