Question about multi sports package

marcin872

Original poster
Nov 5, 2005
im going to order dish this week and was thinking instead of getting nba league pass that i would get the sports pack for 5.99 a month and get all the fsn channels. The main teams i want to watch are the dallas mavericks and the phoenix suns. They both always play on the fsn channels beause i had nba league pass before. What does blackout mean because i read something about it but it never happened to me on nba league pass. Will i be able to watch my suns and mavs play on fsn. I live in NJ, even if i dont get all the games some would be great because i dont want to pay 189 for league passs and plus u get the fsn channels not just the basketball games. Thanx for the help guys

marcin872 said:
im going to order dish this week and was thinking instead of getting nba league pass that i would get the sports pack for 5.99 a month and get all the fsn channels. The main teams i want to watch are the dallas mavericks and the phoenix suns. They both always play on the fsn channels beause i had nba league pass before. What does blackout mean because i read something about it but it never happened to me on nba league pass. Will i be able to watch my suns and mavs play on fsn. I live in NJ, even if i dont get all the games some would be great because i dont want to pay 189 for league passs and plus u get the fsn channels not just the basketball games. Thanx for the help guys

Marcin872,

Unless you live inside the local rights area for the teams for that particular team then all games are blacked out. The reason is the RSN's only pay of the local rights for the games that are aired on each and every RSN.

If you want access to ANY game that is not considered in Market then you WILL HAVE to pay for the NBA league pass. The reason many people get the RSN Package is for content that may not air on their local RSN like for example, ShipShape TV (Boat Improvement show), Motocross, College Hockey and other content that is NOT blacked out.

If a game is blacked out on the league pass it is because your local RSN or a local OTA affiliate has exclusive local rights to that game for you as a subscriber and you should watch that game on your local channel.

Bottomline you will NOT get ANY Dallas Games or Phoenix games on the RSN's that carry them with you living in NJ, unless you get the league pass. BTW the League Pass was available for a discounted rate at the beginning of the season.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)