Question About NBA League Pass & HD

dogbert

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
With Dilbert
I am currently a customer of D* (which has NBA League Pass) and V* (which has TNT-HD) both of which I consider mandatory. I was thinking about switching to E* (that new 942 looks sweet) but I needed to know a couple of things first (and CSR's are generally clueless so I figured I would ask you people).

The questions I have are as follows

1) When you signup for League Pass do you get NBA TV all year (like D*) or just during the NBA season (like my local cable company) - The reson I ask this is I don't see any other way to get the NBA TV channel (I didn't find it in any package)

2) If you have NBA League Pass and HD does E* broadcast the NBA TV games in HD (when available) - (FYI D* does)

3) Does anybody know the expected useable live of the 942 (meaning is E* going to MPEG4 like D* making this box obsolete in the very near future - like the current D* HDTiVo)

I thank you for your time inadvance :D

1 - Dunno....
2 - Yes
3 - the 942 will always work for OTA, a long long time for SD, a long time for the current HD they have. In the fall they may start to add new HD channels only in the MPEG4 format, but the exisiting HD channels will stay MPEG2 until every HD sub is upgraded.

dogbert said:
I am currently a customer of D* (which has NBA League Pass) and V* (which has TNT-HD) both of which I consider mandatory. I was thinking about switching to E* (that new 942 looks sweet) but I needed to know a couple of things first (and CSR's are generally clueless so I figured I would ask you people).

The questions I have are as follows

1) When you signup for League Pass do you get NBA TV all year (like D*) or just during the NBA season (like my local cable company) - The reson I ask this is I don't see any other way to get the NBA TV channel (I didn't find it in any package)

2) If you have NBA League Pass and HD does E* broadcast the NBA TV games in HD (when available) - (FYI D* does)

3) Does anybody know the expected useable live of the 942 (meaning is E* going to MPEG4 like D* making this box obsolete in the very near future - like the current D* HDTiVo)

I thank you for your time inadvance :D

On 1 this is my first year with nba league pass I was told we do get nba tv all year. Dont think I will renew though but you can get nba tv in the 5.99 a month MULTI SPORTS PKG also if you have and I am sure you will the hd pkg you will with the sports pkg for 5.99 a month get all of the NBA tv HD games.Thats what I am doing next year instead of leagu pass.

Trido

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)