Question about NFL Network RSNs

zanarchist

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
After Voom I signed up with Dish and noticed there was no NFL Network and I can only get my (Arizona) RSN. Is there some reason that Dish doesn't carry the NFL Network? Also why only one RSN when on Directv you can buy them all?

you can buy all the rsns on dish. dish network thinks nfl network is a niche channel and it will not make them any money. they did good by adding more hd, but don't look for the nfl network anytime soon.

Thanks for the info. I miss the NFL network but can live without it. I have been getting the Sunday Ticket for years but felt the extra cost to get the HD games was too much.

Directv has an exclusive contract with the NFL. No other dish company or cable company can carry it.

nfl network

That's crazy Dish won't add NFL Network to it's lineup it's better than some of the channels that they have now and that reality channel that there supposed to add.

adrian777 said:
That's crazy Dish won't add NFL Network to it's lineup it's better than some of the channels that they have now and that reality channel that there supposed to add.

So do like me and get Direct

Nfl Network

No thanks because the price of the NFL Sunday Ticket raising the price of that and the price of the games in hd otherwise I would switch over in a heartbeak.The only reason I would switch to Direct Tv would be for the NFL Sunday Ticket.

adrian777 said:
No thanks because the price of the NFL Sunday Ticket raising the price of that and the price of the games in hd otherwise I would switch over in a heartbeak.The only reason I would switch to Direct Tv would be for the NFL Sunday Ticket.

Yea.I cant argue that.

adrian777 said:

Thank Charlie for that! He stayed in the bidding for Sunday Ticket just long enough so that Direct had to pay an assinine ammount of money to get it for another five years or whatever it was. I don't think he ever "really" wanted it, he just wanted to make sure that Direct wasn't going to get it for a steal! hehehehehe :p Direct will never get back what they are having to pay into it to carry it.

Direct TV is wrong for wanting to get as much money as they can out of the consumer is outrageous.Especially what they want this year for NFLST AND HD is crazy.Charlie tried to get it but the NFL wanted them to charge more than Direct Tv and I don't blame him.

Just to be clear, DirecTV has an exclusive for NFL Sunday Ticket.

Anyone can get the NFL Network, Dish just doesn't think this channel is worth it.

Nfl Rsn's And Direct Tv

Yes Direct Tv has exclusiveness to the NFLST AND HD but before the NFL extended it's contract with Direct TV. Dish Network wanted in on the package but the NFL wanted Dish to charge more than Direct TV and Charlie said no and I agree.The packages like this or channels shouldn't have exclusiveness to any Satellite or Cable company they should be available to everybody and at the same price.Yes NFL Network is available to everybody and I disagree with Charlie on this they should get the channel and add it to one of their packages.He would be surprised how many people want it.If you want it write and tell him you want it .The more people that tell him they want it he will get it.I would rather have the NFL Network than that Fox reality channel their talking about adding or all these shopping channels.COME ON CHARLIE ADD THE NFL NETWORK AND PEOPLE WANT IT.I have already wrote him on this.

jrbdmb said:
Just to be clear, DirecTV has an exclusive for NFL Sunday Ticket.

Anyone can get the NFL Network, Dish just doesn't think this channel is worth it.

NFL Channel and Sunday Ticket are two totally different things.. many cable companies have NFL Channel now.. It really doesn't make much sense that dish wouldn't want to carry it..

I can think of at least 20 channels I would trade in for it...lol

Don't trade in my beloved shopping channels :)

pause.... 1 2 3

Now for the obligatory.... Those shopping channels keep costs down by paying to be carried. Just block them out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)