Question about the 211

brian913

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 1, 2006
We currently have two 622's. One bought and one leased. Today we added a third (YEAH!) HDTV in our bedroom. One 622 has always been in single mode. The 622 upstairs has always been in dual mode. It's running a HD plasma in the living room. It was also running a standard tv in our bedroom,which we replaced today. We dont need a DVR in the bedroom. So I was thinking about getting a 211 to run it. My questions are...will I need to have it installed, or can i do it myself? I have no idea what kind of switch I have outside. Also does it need to be hooked up to a phone line? Thanks for the help.

If you have a 1000.2, then you could hook up a third line to it... but if you have a dish 1000.... it only has two coax connections at the LNB... You would have to buy a DP44 switch to go with your 1000 to add a third rcvr and those run just under $200. The dish 1000 has two lnb heads... and the dish 1000.2 has all of them in one head.

Why not consider running HD cables from one of the 622 locations to the new HD location? How many sets can you watch at one time anyway? For instance, if you chose to run component cables from the location where you use the 622 in the single mode, that would give you exactly the same programming (including all your recordings on that unit) in your bedroom, and you could use the TV2 remote to control the 622...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)