Question about the Hopper/Joey system

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mcf57

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
I have a family member who has the DISH Hopper/Joey system. From what this family member has told me, the DISH network Joeys seem to borrow a tuner from the main Hopper DVR and he said he sometimes gets a message asking him if he is sure he wants to change the channel (on Hopper) cause it could affect a Joey in another room. I'm thinking this probably also has to do with how much he has recording at one time.

Doesn't the DISH Hopper have 4 tuners? Is there maybe some sort of setting he doesn't have set properly that could help avoid these conflicts? I am with cable so not totally sure how either work and thought I would look into this for them.

Doesn't the DISH Hopper have 4 tuners? Is there maybe some sort of setting he doesn't have set properly that could help avoid these conflicts? I am with cable so not totally sure how either work and thought I would look into this for them.
Each hopper has only three tuners that would be shared over the whole system. If he needs more tuners, the easy solution is to get a second hopper.

In some instances, Primetime Anytime could help if that household watches a lot of the broadcast networks during primetime hours. (assuming that's where the conflicts are in that household)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)