GEOSATpro question about the micro hd

skyscanner4ever

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
Beaumont,Texas
I have one coming in the mail and am currently using a pansat 3500.

My question is this, I heard the hd has a great tuner, and I read where iceberg gave the review and mentioned how many more tps he found in comparison to his other receivers, my question is has anyone compared the signal quality from one of these to other receivers? I really dont know how great a tuner the pansat is because I have nothing else to compare it too, My dish right now is aligned where I am getting 90's on strong tps from sat 87-107.3 and mostly 80's on all other tp's on the sats and I am getting low 40's on sats 83 and 123 right now, I am just wondering what these signals would look like on the micro hd receiver and if I could possibly have problems locking in on my farther east and west sats with these low 40's.

I am still tweaking my farther out sats as we speak, I am just being careful with it because I like my other sats right now where they are at.

I've put the Manhattan RS1933, MicroHD and Solomend 800 PVR on the same signal, and the MicroHD is second to none. Tuner definitely seems better than the Openbox, and is at least equal to the Manhattan. The MicroHD has far fewer limitations and glitches than the other two boxes . It's a winner. :)

well thanks I have never used on of those before I have used pansat mostly, and coolsat before, I am just going to assume the tuner is far better than the pansat. I cant wait for those hd feeds!

skyscanner4ever,

The HD signal I've experienced with the MicroHD is razor sharp.
The NBC network feeds on AMC-18 and the CBC feeds on Anik F-1R are ones that first come to mind.
You'll definitely be pleased with your purchase. :)

Hey JFOK, I am thinking of getting the Micro hd too. Your description of your equipement said that you have it slaved to your 920.How are you doing that if it does not have the loop-out feature?

DBKD77,

Sorry for the late response.
I'm using 2 hi frequency splitters and a DISEqC switch.
Works like a charm. A pretty straight forward set up.
Can send you a diagram if necessary to help out.

John

DBKD77,

Sorry for the late response.
I'm using 2 hi frequency splitters and a DISEqC switch.
Works like a charm. A pretty straight forward set up.
Can send you a diagram if necessary to help out.

John

You can also attach the diagram here for all to see.

Babadem,

Will do.
The reason I didn't do that initially is that its the 4DTV slave diagram that Sadoun has been featuring online for years.
I figured that it was an easy find on the internet for anyone (as it was for me) wanting to slave a 4DTV to a FTA receiver.
When I can I will post the diagram. Can't do now...at work.

John

Hi,

Here's the 4DTV/FTA receiver slaving diagram I promised.

John

Attachments

• Bud-Slave-kit.gif
    Bud-Slave-kit.gif
    40.8 KB · Views: 219

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts