Question about the resolution on the 722 receiver

cpapjack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 8, 2006
Getzville, NY
I finally got a new 52" Flat Panel HD TV 2 weeks ago. I have my 722 receiver, not 722k, connected to it via HDMI. Am I correct in saying that the reciever only outputs in 1080i? Does the 922 output 1080p?

We are probably five or more years from channels broadcasting
in 1080p, right now only On Demand movies are offered in 1080p.

We are probably five or more years from channels broadcasting
in 1080p, right now only On Demand movies are offered in 1080p.

Just a quick aside to this, does this apply to Dish Online, or the the On Demand movies that appear in the Program guide show up in 1080p also?

On demand

Dish normally has one movie at a time in 1080p. This shows up on channel 501, and is downloaded into your receiver's hard drive. As of now, this is the one and ONLY 1080p program showing on Dish. Everything else is 1080i, or 720p, if you prefer.

Blu Ray movie disks are 1080P, if you have a Blu Ray Player. You can rent Blue Ray movies or buy them. The 722 can output 1080p movies, but the only one available are via On Demand( pay per view).

Also to note. I watched Gran Torino on BD and on Dish 1080p. They are not anywhere near the same league. So don't be fooled into thinking it's BD quality just because they share the same resolution.

I seem to remember a few 1080P movies offered movie DishONline--the pull VOD service--but never more than a few at a time.

If it doesn't say 1080P, then it is either 1080I or 720P depending on how you have your receiver set up. In order to get 1080P you must be connected with an HDMI cable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts