Question about upgrade to HD

howardlee123

Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
i am new here.

here is my situation, I just install Dish last week, i choose top 100, local, and greatwall. the next day, I realized I do not need local channel, and I cancel it online.

I want get HD.

talk to CSR today. she tell me I have the 625 receiver, I need to change it to VIP 622 receiver. I need to pay 199 for 622 receiver. and then she say I will receive 200 rebate, which mean the receiver cost nothing.

here is my understanding.

from the 200 rebate, 100 is for top 100 (new customer), and other 100 is for add HD package. So all the rebate I will receive just for cover the receiver cost.

If I was a new customer, I use the builder online, I think I will got the 622 receiver for free. Am I right?

I just install last friday, Can them consider me as a new customer, and get free hd dvr??

If I cancel, How long I need to wait to become a new customer?

thank you for your help!

i am new here.

here is my situation, I just install Dish last week, i choose top 100, local, and greatwall. the next day, I realized I do not need local channel, and I cancel it online.

I want get HD.

talk to CSR today. she tell me I have the 625 receiver, I need to change it to VIP 622 receiver. I need to pay 199 for 622 receiver. and then she say I will receive 200 rebate, which mean the receiver cost nothing.

here is my understanding.

from the 200 rebate, 100 is for top 100 (new customer), and other 100 is for add HD package. So all the rebate I will receive just for cover the receiver cost.

If I was a new customer, I use the builder online, I think I will got the 622 receiver for free. Am I right?

I just install last friday, Can them consider me as a new customer, and get free hd dvr??

If I cancel, How long I need to wait to become a new customer?

thank you for your help!

you should of picked the 622 from the beginning, since you are already a customer you will have to pay 200 bucks for 622. and i dont think dish has 30 day money back no more.... you can try cancelling it w/o breaching the contract and create new account under diffrent phone number.

I don't remember what the cancel period is on the contract (30 days maybe???) but you must wait 6 months before you are considered a new customer again. I think you shot yourself in the foot not getting the 622 when you were getting the install done.

BTW getting my 622 installed on Saturday!!! :p

you should of picked the 622 from the beginning, since you are already a customer you will have to pay 200 bucks for 622. and i dont think dish has 30 day money back no more.... you can try cancelling it w/o breaching the contract and create new account under diffrent phone number.

I only one land line in my apartment, Can I just use different name?

I only one land line in my apartment, Can I just use different name?

call csr and give em hell. also try to use diffrent apartment number, if you are married try using your wifes ss number and just add number to the end of the address. you can alwasy use someone elses phone number for now, and change it later on.

call csr and give em hell. also try to use diffrent apartment number, if you are married try using your wifes ss number and just add number to the end of the address. you can alwasy use someone elses phone number for now, and change it later on.

do you think if I talk to them they will consider me a new customer, since I just install it last friday.

they can not tell the address from the phone number, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)