EchoStar/Dish raises doubts about 'ability to continue as a going concern'

Sad that both Dish and DIRECTV couldn't make the transition to streaming somehow. I loved Dish network back in the day, but then TiVo came out on DIRECTV and I didn't think life could get better then NFL Sunday ticket and TiVo together with those Monday morning highlights. Of course its not just them it seems all of TV is a mess these days wether it be streaming or organizing or viewing...Is there a profitable company at all? or one that isnt for sale or merging or threats of merging?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Musk is smart and that's probably why he didn't buy Dish.

Why are you so sure he didn’t? Not a lot of prospective candidates out there. The Synergy is obvious.

Not a big boost to Dish video, I suspect. Unless there is another video delivery media planned.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Why are you so sure he didn’t? Not a lot of prospective candidates out there. The Synergy is obvious.

Not a big boost to Dish video, I suspect. Unless there is another video delivery media planned.
It wouldn't surprise me if at some point he does by Dish and maybe DTV as well. I haven't been a Dish customer for over 2 years but I'd hate to see them go out of business.

Probably both. Regardless if you're far right or far left the 1st Amendment protects free speech. Most people are probably moving to a platform that is an echo chamber of their personal beliefs.
So lenders are shifting loans to Dish/Echostar potentially with the spectrum leveraged because of the first amendment. I woulf have guessed Ergen has something ready to announce that will indicate a more sustainable revenue stream via the 5G and network he has laid out.

This is going way off into Pit-world
Right from :mad:twitter)
We have broad enforcement rights: X reserves the right to take enforcement actions against you if you do violate these terms, such as, for example, removing your Content, limiting visibility, discontinuing your access to X, or taking legal action. We may also suspend or terminate your account for other reasons, such as prolonged inactivity, risk of legal exposure, or commercial inviability.

Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Services or obtained by you through the Services is at your own risk. We do not endorse, support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. All Content is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. We may not monitor or control the Content posted via the Services and, we cannot take responsibility for such Content.

We reserve the right to remove Content that violates the User Agreement, including for example, copyright or trademark violations or other intellectual property misappropriation, impersonation, unlawful conduct, or harassment. Information regarding specific policies and the process for reporting or appealing violations can be found in our Help Center