Question about upgrading to 622

snpyjc

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Tamarac, FL
My current setup is an 811 in my living room, another 811 in my home office and a 322 in my bedroom which supplies that room and the second bedroom. I would like to upgrade the 811 in my living room to a 622 so I can ditch my bedroom TiVo. Would I be able to just replace the 811 with the 622, or is that not an option? If I can't do this, am I able to replace the 322 with the 622 and switch my whole configuration around and use an 811 on an SD tv in the second bedroom? Any help or advice appreciated. Thanks.

It really depends on the rest of your installation. I assume you have a switch since you currently have 3 separate receivers with 4 total tuners. If you have a DP34 switch then all of your 4 outputs are currently occupied. Since you would need to supply a second cable to the 622, in your first scenario you're SOL unless you cascade another switch. If you have a DPP44 switch then you can run just a single cable each to both the 322 and 622 and use DPP "separators" (the 622 comes with one) to split that single cable to the two tuner inputs for each receiver. So in that case you could actually end-up with an unused output on the switch.

To just replace the 811 with the 622 would require a second cable to that location or the DPP44 switch so you can use the separator. If you have the 34 switch then you need 2 cables to the 622's location (the separator won't work with the 34). Don't forget that the 622 has the remote TV capability in various flavors (and comes with the second remote), so you can easily send an SD signal to another spot.

You can take it from here...

Last edited:
First off I'd like to thank you bhelms for the response, that does clear up some things for me. I have the DPP44 switch so it looks like I can just replace the one 811 in the living room with the 622. The only other question I have is that I was under the impression that I could not have more than four tuners, and with this setup I will have five, is that OK and I just have to pay for an extra tuner? Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)