Question and story about upgrading

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rvanya

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Called last night for a technical issue and decided to ask about the possibility of upgrading both of my hd receivers at the same time. This issue has been brought up many a time and with the new format of the site, I can't find the previous threads that Scott started.

Story-- the csr was helpful, had to wait a long time but that was expected so no sweat. He stated that he could set up the upgrade and switch for both receivers. Total price was 350 before the 200 credit when I send back my 942. I thought that was a good deal. Then a few minutes later, he came back and stated that with their current computer set-up, they could only do one upgrade at a time. Then he said that once the 622 install is done, call back and then they will do the 211 upgrade. I asked if there were any restraints on time (have to wait a year before another upgrade), and he said no.

Is this right? Good for me if it is, kinda. I still have to wait until May 19th for the install and I'm not so sure this guy wasn't just jobbing me. But when I asked specific questions about upgrade restrictions he didn't blink an eye. He actually said some of the restrictions at first were primarily due to availability concerns and the Dish has now realized that multi-hd customers would likely only be interested if they could upgrade both, and that is why the new promotion.

I'm sorry this is so wordy. Not a morning person.

Somebody say something. No one is ever shy to bash a csr or tell people how they're going to get hosed. Why no interest all the sudden? If this is addressed in another thread, shoot me a link.
rv

What the CSR said sounds reasonable to me. On a Thursday morning many times there is not a lot of activity on some threads. I got a 622 within the last month and love it. Yes, there could be some bugs but it's a great receiver.

Didn't realize that about Thursdays. Hope that didn't come across as rude, sorry if so.

If the deal holds up, then is sounds like all dish did was combine the 2 upgrade deals and allow the sub to do both within a calendar year. Takes the choice out of my hands and saves me from having to buy one outright. But again, we shall see how it all unfolds.

Is there a special number to call to get the exec csr or do i just go through tech support?

Beckhamfam said:
You should have a private message with the phone number.

beckhamfam,

I called the number. Everything seemed fine until some other dude got on the phone and said that they could do the seperate promotions but couldn't combine them. Said I could do two 211s or two 622s but not 1 of each. Doesn't make sense. Not to mention, I got a confirmation of appointment call from the place doing the install and they are out of Tulsa OK which is about 120 miles from me. They would have to come out twice. Not that Dish cares but 3.00 a gallon for gas would be stupid for something that could be done in one shot.

Should I call back?

Your right that doesn't make sense. You don't have anything to lose if you call back. I would now ask to speak to an executive resolution team. Explain to them you are trying to save them money. You might tell them you know it has been done (note from Minsk1). I would still use the number I gave you and tell them you are a member of Satellite Guys. if that doesn't work another idea is when you call punch the number for technical support, they seem to know about how to get things done. Another idea is to put one order in your wife's name and the other in your name.?.? Good luck.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)