Question BB Connector Wifi and my 722

railroad-guy

Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
Central Illinois
I bought the BB Connector Wifi a few years ago but never used it. Now I have a U-verse modem next to the 722. I inserted the BB Connector Wifi and went through the set up. It works, however, when I try and watch a streaming move the screen says I am not authorized and I need to go to https://www.sling.com/actavate and enter a number, which of course does not work. Now I am told I need a sling adapter.

"Broadband connectivity lets you keep critical receiver data current, access thousands of online titles" the webpage says... so I can not do the above without a sling adapter for $50.00

Thanks,

Dan

Are you trying to watch on your computer or mobile device? If so, you would also need the sling adapter. The BB connector only puts your receiver online, but does not offer the ability to streaming live or recorded content. The sling adapter with an active connection will allow that.

Sorry, yes, just on the one TV in the house. And when the page said "access thousands of online titles" and I saw the new menu item I thought I could use it.
I know the thousands of movies would be on Dish Anywhere, which does not require a sling adapter, but does require a subscription to the channels the movies come from. Dish Movie Pack will offer the majority of them. On the receiver, when you go to the VOD menu, pretty much same rule. Just subscribe to the channel the movies come from, most of which will come off the dish movie pack.