question for 942 owners

I have my 942 setup with the DVI to the HDTV along with the composite going to another input on the HDTV, but I also have the coax going out to the second TV. For me this makes it easier to troubleshoot in one room instead of moving from room to room to see if anything changes. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I have HDMI (TV1) running to the HDTV and composite (TV2) running to a Panasonic DVD recorder. I typically keep the 942 in single mode since I like using the PIP feature and will typically schedule recording when I'm sleeping, at work, etc. If you think about it, running TV2 through the DVD burner is just a round about way of watching it via composite since the DVD recorder is plugged into the HDTV anyway.

About the only time I'll place the 942 is dual mode is when I'm watching and recording at the same time. Occasionally we'll have overnight guest so I'll plug composite cables (TV2) into an audio/video signal sender/receiver like this one so they can watch TV in the guest bedroom.

Last edited:
I'm taking advantage of just about all of the outputs of mine:

HDMI/DVI into BenQ projector (Night time viewing)
Component into Sony 43" RP (Daytime viewing)
Composite into DVD Recorder
TV 2 RF into distribution system for rest of TV's throughout the house

I love the 942!

My 942 runs to my HDTV's DVI input which I select for watching HD. I also run composite into a video switcher which then outputs S-Vid to my dvd recorder and also the same HDTV. The DVD recorder has component back to the TV.

I just switch inputs on the tv for whatever I'm watching.
HD via DVI
SD via composite / S-Vid
DVD via component

Oh and I also run a RF cable to a small 4:3 TV that can then watch via a modulated channel.

SatelliteGAL said:
You know, when I first got my tv and home theater system I thought.... I will never use all of those connections. Ha! It is amazing.
It gets scary sometimes, looking at the miles of cables, cords and wires I've got going around back there... And then, after you use up all the connections and realize - I need a switchbox! :) Yep, pretty amazing...

I want broadband bluetooth technology to get into the home theater arena...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)