Question for DISH retailers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bmwaaron

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
I have a Hypothetical Question for you.

When Dish submits a work order to a retailer to install the 811 special. whats to keep the retailer from ignoring the work order or just telling E* that its inventory of 811's is spoken for?

My local retailer told me flat out that he would not install my 811 on the special until he has taken care of all the NEW customers because thats where he makes his money.

I called E* and have an install for tomorrow morning and am hoping that the work order does not get sent to this retailer but I guess Ill find out..

bmwaaron, E* doesn't refer sales or upgrades out to the local retailer/s. You will be handled by the DNSC.

oh ok cool, I was under the impression that the retailers handled that stuff but Im very glad its not....

bmwaaron, let me pose a question to you. Would you as a retailer invest $349 plus shipping and then install it to an existing customer to only make $25.00 minus what you spent for shipping?

I am not trying to be mean but I don't know about you but my money being tied up for 2-3 weeks to only make that paltry sum of money isn't worth my time. The dealer must turn his inventory investment and make a living. The 811 special for existing customers is a promotion the dealer can't afford to participate in. That is why DNSC is the one that will provide you the equipment as the employees of DNSC make the same hourly no matter if there is any money made or not.

proelect said:
bmwaaron, let me pose a question to you. Would you as a retailer invest $349 plus shipping and then install it to an existing customer to only make $25.00 minus what you spent for shipping?

I am not trying to be mean but I don't know about you but my money being tied up for 2-3 weeks to only make that paltry sum of money isn't worth my time. The dealer must turn his inventory investment and make a living. The 811 special for existing customers is a promotion the dealer can't afford to participate in. That is why DNSC is the one that will provide you the equipment as the employees of DNSC make the same hourly no matter if there is any money made or not.

Hmm well I dont agree, I am a customer of the retailer which originally made money off me! I work in an industry that does service waranty work and ALL of our money is tied up in claims that dont get paid for 1-2 months, so to hear the local retailers cry about a couple weeks is obsurd, all my retailer did is piss me off and get me to call and write E*. This is Buisness 101..... I will NEVER do buisness with that retailer again and I will also recomend people I know not to do buisness with him.. WHY? because instead of taking care of a customer that spend money with him already he turned his back on me and told me that my buisness isnt as important as someone elses....... For all of you retailers out there I recomend you think about this before pissing off established customers. BTW I have maxed out my club dish and have sent him 6 new customers in the last 2 months, so for the small wait for him to get refunded from dish he pissed me off and lost allot of future customers as I will be refering directly to E* from now on......

I think your retailer gave you the wrong ansewer when you called him about the upgrade. If he didn't want to do the upgrade for you, all he had to tell you is that he doesn't have any in inventory but if you call DISH Network Directly they will be happy to do it for you for the same price.

I can kind of see his point about not wanting to do it, since he has to put out almost $400 for the receiver and then wait 2 weeks to get paid, and then he only makes $25.

But I look at these situations like this, I made good money on my customers when they first sign up for new service. If my customers pay their bill ontime, and never had a Non-Pay Disconnect, then I have no problem even for $25 to upgrade one of their receivers since I thinks it helps build referrals and insures that my customer continues to keep Dishnetwork service in his or her home. The $25 atleast covers my installers time going to the house to swap out the receiver.

The only time I'll actually tell a customer no one one of these upgrades is when they don't pay their bill and the service has been disconnected for Non-Payment. Most of the time a Non-Pay disconnect will hold up my payments, and it also increases the chances of another Non-pay disconnect occuring and me getting charged back on the upgrade. The only other situation where I'll tell a customer to get their upgrade through Dish is when they have done things to cost me money or have been a pain in my butt, this would be like when customers push a wrong button on their Tv and then call me yelling and screaming that their Dish is out and I need to come out and fix it immediatly for FREE or they are going to disconnect. I have already made it past a chargeback period on these customers once, I won't put my money at risk on these customers a second time. Its not just 1 time, but I have customers out there where I have been to their homes atleast once per month to fix something stupid that was customer related.

Claude Greiner said:
If he didn't want to do the upgrade for you, all he had to tell you is that he doesn't have any in inventory ...
Start with a lie? Not a good thing.

He could say that he is overbooked with new installs and suggest calling E* directly ... a bit whiter of a lie if he IS overbooked. But to tell a customer he doesn't have inventory that he does have? Be glad to call DISH and not give business to the liar.

JL

Well i hate to say it but " Sounds like your retailer treated you like Dish treats us Retailers".

Dish is Not dealer friendly at all when it come to upgrading our customers. They dont pay us anything because they would rather DNSC take care of most upgrades because they will do it cheaper. We have to pay the bills to keep the doors open.

I try to treat my customers as good as i can but have found it nessecary to add a small service charge to do these upgrades for my customers. This is told to them upfront. If they dont mind an additional $25 or $30 charge i will help them out .

Well Bruno If I were offered a $25.00 charge that would have been no problem, I think I got upset when I felt that the retailer took his frustrations out on me instead of E*... I understand what you all are saying my problem was just how he handled it. I would have probably felt bad for the guy if he werent such a jerk about the whole thing. Most people are willing to work with you if you explain your situation, but to tell me that Im last in line and Im just costing him money is obsurd...

I do see both sides on this, the retailer's and the customer's. The retailer does have to make money and this is not a money maker for the retailer. The retailer does not want to lose a sale that makes him much much more than what the service call would, if he would even really make anything since all the profit would go to the installer.

Also the customer gets the retailers customers and seeing how that one got that many referrals he should have been taken care. That is not the right way to treat customers that helps bring business in. Even if he did not bring in referrals you should try to come up with a solution where you may have to charge extra or refer the customer to someone that can do it, or more help is needed.

If a customer has caused a chargeback to the retailer due to not paying the programming or many other things that could have caused the retailer a problem, then the retailer more than likely will not and should not service that customer unless its for a fee determined by the retailer.

When Dish already has a lot of money subsidized in a promotion to give the customer a very good deal they are not willing to pay out much more to get the receiver/dish put in. Charlie has said this on retailer chats in the past, that it is not a money maker and with the way they were saying things they were basically stating that if they were not making much money off of this then the retailer shouldn't either.

bmwaaron, sorry you feel that your retailer was being a jerk...Please take into consideration the retailer undoubtedly has just spent a great deal of money to advertise to get first time customers and the 811 isn't yet plentiful.He had to make a decision based on what was best for his business at this time.

bmwaaron said:
Hmm well I dont agree, I am a customer of the retailer which originally made money off me! I work in an industry that does service waranty work and ALL of our money is tied up in claims that dont get paid for 1-2 months, so to hear the local retailers cry about a couple weeks is obsurd, all my retailer did is piss me off and get me to call and write E*. This is Buisness 101..... I will NEVER do buisness with that retailer again and I will also recomend people I know not to do buisness with him.. WHY? because instead of taking care of a customer that spend money with him already he turned his back on me and told me that my buisness isnt as important as someone elses....... For all of you retailers out there I recomend you think about this before pissing off established customers. BTW I have maxed out my club dish and have sent him 6 new customers in the last 2 months, so for the small wait for him to get refunded from dish he pissed me off and lost allot of future customers as I will be refering directly to E* from now on......
So bmwaaron, your telling us that you regularly will do warranty work for $10 total ($25 reinbursement minus $15 S&H) which includes 45 minutes to and hour minimum (you setup receiver then have to go over the operation of the new receiver) plus driving time? Because that is what DISH is trying to get us do and we have to pay $350-$400 upfront for the priviledge to do so! Then we wait 3-4 weeks to be reinbursed and then have to worry about chargebacks!

If you think the retailer is OBLIGATED to be your personal slave and basically LOSE money on you for all future dealings becasue you bought from him initially then you are being extremely unreasonable!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)