Question for those knowledable about TV sets..

Cards Big East

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
I bought a 32 inch SD Sony about a week ago to replace an RCA that bit the dust. The Sony's picture is superior to the RCA in every way except one: when watching ESPN or Fox News where a "ticker" scrolls at the bottom of the screen, the words aren't perfectly straight in the bottom right hand corner. It's a minor, nitpicky detail, but I was wondering if there's a setting to correct this. Thanks in advance.

P.S. The model number is KD32FS170.

I had a 32" sony that did the same thing. I never tried to correct. Mine was a guest room TV that didn't get much usage. If there is a setting to correct it, it would be in a "service" menu and not accesible through normal setup menus. At least mine wasn't. I never had it looked at or tried to take it back. It was always one of those "round-to-it's" that I never did. I only noticed, like you said when there was a crawler or when I was looing at the program guide towards the bottom.

I had a Mitsubishi once I was going to return because it did that. The salemans turned the TV on and then pulled the AC plug to do a reset. It fixed it. It's worth a try.

It's your geometry. I'll poke around for an answer for you. It's in the service menu, so write down ALL the settings before you change anything.

Minor geometry issues can be easily corrected. However, I had a 30" Samsung Slimfit that, no many times I tried, was beyond hope. You may consider saving some time and effort by exchanging the set for one with better geometry.

The Sammy slimfits are a different story. The sammy's almost universally have geometry problems due to their design.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)