Question for those who use PC TV tuner cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama Mac

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2004
Hazel Green, AL
I just purchased a new pc and a ATI R300 tuner card is pre-installed in the pc. The pc also has Windows XP Media Center OS pre-installed. I am not very knowledgable about this cards so please bare with me.

I am a E* sub and in the den where the pc is I have a 301 receiver connected to a 19" tv via coax. Last night I connected the 301 to the tuner card via s-video cable and run the TV setup in the Media Center setup. The setup went fine all except there was a part of the setup where it tried to get the remote that came with the pc to learn to control the 301 receiver, this I couldn't get to work.

During the setup the pc also downloaded the Dish guide including locals. When setup finished I was able to watch LIVE TV and then I tried to record the program I was watching at the time. I recorded about 10 minutes and played it back with no problems.

Question:

I searched forward in the guide the pc downloaded to find the Kentucky vs. Bama game that is airing on CBS Saturday 2/26/05. I red dotted it to record the game.

1. Do I have to have the 301 receiver tuned to the channel the game is being broadcast on?

2. Does the receiver have to be on or can it be off (in standby mode)?

Sorry for the long post. Just try to be as detailed as possible.

Thanks,

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.