Question on Connectivity

Mr!Phil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
For years, I had a 722K connected via Slinglink. It was in the Living Room. And generally speaking the connection was stable if a little slow.

Recently I added another 722K and it shared the connection. It is in a Guest Room.

A few days later the router in the living room died and was replaced.

Then when trying to use the DishAnywhere App on her iPad my wife could not get to the living room DVR. Since the Guest Room has a router in it, I connected an ethernet cable between that receiver and the router.

I reset the connection on both receivers. Both show MAC addresses as Ethernet and Homeport.

Yet the Living Room DVR seems to keep dropping the connection.

Did I miss something?

The final desired result is to be able to access either DVR via the apps on our iPads.

Thanks in advance.

The living room is still using a Wi-Fi connection. Is this correct? Have you looked at the connection strength? You may just need to relocate the Wi-Fi adapter. To access the strength on your remote press menu6-1-8-1-4 Hope this helps.

Reactions: Mr!Phil
No Sir. The Living room is still using a Sling Link. I am considering going out and getting a wifi adapter. Back when I used to install, it's been a couple of years, wifi was the least reliable connection method.

I thought that one connection was all that was needed to gain connectivity for all VIP receivers? I was really expecting the ethernet connection in the guest room to fix all of this. Thank you for the input though. Every little bit helps.

No Sir. The Living room is still using a Sling Link. I am considering going out and getting a wifi adapter. Back when I used to install, it's been a couple of years, wifi was the least reliable connection method.

I thought that one connection was all that was needed to gain connectivity for all VIP receivers? I was really expecting the ethernet connection in the guest room to fix all of this. Thank you for the input though. Every little bit helps.

Hoppers can bridge the internet connection to other Hoppers and Joeys, VIP's can't. If you get a Sling Link power line adapter and connect it to your router then the VIP receivers should get the internet connection through the Home Plug electrical line connection, provided your house wiring cooperates. :).

Reactions: Mr!Phil
Ok. That explains why initially, before the living room router died, both VIPs were online with ONLY a slinglink on the Living Room. So, to fix it once and for all I need to leave the ethernet connection in the guest room and run a cat five cable to the living room receiver once and for all? I can do all that. Just not quickly. Thanks for the clarification.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)