Question on DHA

jvstrat

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 19, 2004
I'm just curious about something. I just had started the DHA plan with the dvr522 on 5/14. As some of you may know from previous posts I have not been happy with my picture. A service tech came out and ordered me a new receiver which still didn't change anything. I signed up for Direct TV and it will be installed on 6/3 and then I will cancel with Dish. I had already payed them $49.95 when I signed up. Since I will be cancelling before the 1st month is up and returning the equipment, do you think I will have to pay anything else or will they just keep the $49.95?

What makes you think compression will be lower on DirecTV? I'll give you a little hint: It's significantly higher.

You made the wine...

My friend just subscribed to direct tv and he has a much better picture than mine. And to boot I have a much nicer tv with s-video.

jvstrat said:
My friend just subscribed to direct tv and he has a much better picture than mine. And to boot I have a much nicer tv with s-video.

There is no chance his tv has better settings than yours... :rolleyes:
Have you considered that his set "dumbs down" the picture enough to make it look better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)