question on equipment offered for d*

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Annie2005

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
California
I am probably going to switch to D* from E* over the Fox dispute and have some questions on the equipment: I want an HD DVR--is there more than one to choose from-if so, which is the best? Does the remote have something like a 30 second fast forward and 15 second skip back? I really like that.

I am probably going to switch to D* from E* over the Fox dispute and have some questions on the equipment: I want an HD DVR--is there more than one to choose from-if so, which is the best? Does the remote have something like a 30 second fast forward and 15 second skip back? I really like that.

Yes there are several HD DVR's available.
IF you can, try to get the HR24.
You CAN order them from on line sites if you want to be SURE of what you'll get, or go thru a local guy.
D* will give you whatever the warehouse has in stock at the time.

IF your wanting to do the MRV stuff you'll have a better chance at getting the HR24's too.

All the DVR recvrs have a :30 slip, can be changed to a skip with a simple search.
It is usually a :8 sec back.

IF you use OTA channels, you'll need to add the AM24 OTA tuner to the set up as the newer recvrs don't have OTA tuners in them anymore, the H/HR20 series was the last one to do that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)