Question on hooking up Two 942's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmd102354

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 28, 2005
PA
I only have one 4/4 switch but want to use two 942's. What do I need to do as far as switches, connections etc?

Thanks

More info is needed.
What switch do you have, SW44 or DPP 44?
How many total receivers will be used? what models?

n0qcu said:
More info is needed.
What switch do you have, SW44 or DPP 44?
How many total receivers will be used? what models?

DPP44 and will have only 2 942's

You will need 1 cable for each 942 and you will need a seperator for each, that will in effect "split" the cable to feed both tuners. Note it has to be a seperator not a regular tv splitter .
You could alos just run 2 cables to each 942, but that would fill up the dpp44 and may mean more cabling.

gbjbany said:
You will need 1 cable for each 942 and you will need a seperator for each, that will in effect "split" the cable to feed both tuners. Note it has to be a seperator not a regular tv splitter .
You could alos just run 2 cables to each 942, but that would fill up the dpp44 and may mean more cabling.

I have the four cables needed in place. Will I need another power inverter for the 2nd 942 or will the set up (two 942's) run with just the one power inverter.
Also could I do the same thing using one 942 and one 622 instead of two 942's ?
Sorry for all the questions but I am attempting to be frugal.:D

Thanks !

If you have the four cables already then you don't need the seperators, just plug in the cables. The power inserter powers the switch not the receivers so you only need 1 power inserter (plugged into input 1 on the DPP44). The setup is exactly the same with the 622s so that would work just fine.

lakebum431 said:
If you have the four cables already then you don't need the seperators, just plug in the cables. The power inserter powers the switch not the receivers so you only need 1 power inserter (plugged into input 1 on the DPP44). The setup is exactly the same with the 622s so that would work just fine.

Great !

Thank You !! :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)