Question on how to hook up vip 722

lsutyger03

Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
First off i want to say all the info I have gotten from here has been very helpful. My question is this: I have upgraded my 211 receiver to the 722. I had them send me the 722. I have the dish 1000 already. I have rerun the cables already to where the 722 is going to be. So basically i have the 2 cables coming from the dish to where the 722 is going to be. Also I have the 2nd sd tv cable going from the 722 to the receiver. In order to hook up this up do i put the 2 cables on sat 1 and 2 on the 722 or do i need the sat 1 and 2 splitter. Do I need the diplexers outside anymore since im not backfeeding another tv.

First off i want to say all the info I have gotten from here has been very helpful. My question is this: I have upgraded my 211 receiver to the 722. I had them send me the 722. I have the dish 1000 already. I have rerun the cables already to where the 722 is going to be. So basically i have the 2 cables coming from the dish to where the 722 is going to be. Also I have the 2nd sd tv cable going from the 722 to the receiver. In order to hook up this up do i put the 2 cables on sat 1 and 2 on the 722 or do i need the sat 1 and 2 splitter. Do I need the diplexers outside anymore since im not backfeeding another tv.

you say you have a "DISH 1000". What kind of LNB is on it? if its a DPP LNB, 1 line from the dish to the separator behind the 722 will work. If its a "DP" LNB or switch, then you will need 2 lines fron the sat to the 722 and you cant use that separator.

no further need for the diplexors if you have a dedicated cable from the 722 to the TV2 location.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)