Question on new AK & HI HD

redsalmon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2005
Soldotna AK
According to the dish channel chart at http EKB: Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial) several of the new channels such as 5522, CBS College sports, show the requirement for at250+HDg.

Does this mean that HD gold is needed as an add-on to receive it? :confused:

AK and HI have never been involved in the Silver-Gold-Platinum packages before so I'm not sure of its anotation.

There are several of the new channels that say this or at200+HDs etc.

If this is the case than I can just hear the excitement in AK and HI decreasing. Just means more $ in the old Dish bill every month.

According to the dish channel chart at http EKB: Dish Network Channel Chart (Unofficial) several of the new channels such as 5522, CBS College sports, show the requirement for at250+HDg.

AK and HI have never been involved in the Silver-Gold-Platinum packages before so I'm not sure of its anotation.

If this is the case than I can just hear the excitement in AK and HI decreasing. Just means more $ in the old Dish bill every month.

Not happy, but I would pay. I think we're currently paying less up here since we get less HD than the lower 48.

I followed the link and it looks like we do need to subscribe to another package. I called Dish and we can't do that today, hopefully by Friday if it's required.

I followed the link and it looks like we do need to subscribe to another package. I called Dish and we can't do that today, hopefully by Friday if it's required.

With 20 new HD channels at 129 (the other ten are duplicates) and 11 new ones at the 110 spot, we'll have all the turboHD gold channels except for ENCOR and GREEN. We also have 2 Platinums: UNIHD and HDNMV.

07 Nat. HD @ 110 e*11 conus (plus HBO & SHO)
21 Nat. HD @ 110 e*10 spot
19 Nat. HD @ 129 ceil-2 spot (Plus MAX and 10 duplicates)

I'm wondering if AK/HI will still have their own HD package or if they will get the national package offers just from different satellite(s).

Also, how big a dish is needed for 129°?

I'm wondering if AK/HI will still have their own HD package or if they will get the national package offers just from different satellite(s).

I guess we'll find out about the HD package tomorrow. Tech support told me the channels would become active on the 8th. They had been briefed about them.

According to the man I talked to at Tech Support yesterday, (in the USA), Dish is coming out with a one dish, three satellite solution for AK and HI. He didn't know the size of it though. The spot beams on 129 are real strong so it would be just for that portion of the 129 signal, not the national tps. I know 30" dishes will work for 119 and 110 so 129 should be the same I would think. Probably an oval shape with 3 lnb's. I swung my 6' dish around to 129 and get all the national HD too, mainly the movie channels that are in the Americas Everything package.

I'm getting readings of 58-60 with a 24" antenna for the 129 spot beam (getting 0 on the conus beam).

129 and birdog

What are you using to get your readings on 129? On a 30" dish i cant lock on, but when im on 119° and switch over to 129° on my birdog, its says im locked on. I am confused.

Thanks

What are you using to get your readings on 129? On a 30" dish i cant lock on, but when im on 119° and switch over to 129° on my birdog, its says im locked on. I am confused.

Thanks

My readings are from my 622. I have my 110, 119, and now 129 feeds routed through a legacy SW64 switch.

129 and birdog

We haven't got our dishes yet, and we are trying to use 3 separate 30"s for 110°, 119°, and 129°, fed through a DPP33 switch. We are getting a conn and an x on the checkswitch for 129. We forced a software update, and tried all we can.

We haven't got our dishes yet, and we are trying to use 3 separate 30"s for 110°, 119°, and 129°, fed through a DPP33 switch. We are getting a conn and an x on the checkswitch for 129. We forced a software update, and tried all we can.

You won't see anything on the spotbeams until tomorrow unless you subscribe to HBO, and then it appears at 5545 as HBO-W, and MAX-W on 5565. You may even see KTVA on 5604 from 129. Do an info twice to see which sat it comes from.

My readings are from my 622. I have my 110, 119, and now 129 feeds routed through a legacy SW64 switch.

So things are ok with your sw64 on 129? I don't know when I will be able to take care of my tree issue to move my 148 dish to 129, but may need to make it a higher priority if my equipment is actually going to work.

So things are ok with your sw64 on 129? I don't know when I will be able to take care of my tree issue to move my 148 dish to 129, but may need to make it a higher priority if my equipment is actually going to work.

Well, not exactly. When I aimed the dish last weekend, I had to trick the switch by swaping the inputs from 129 and 119 in order to see the 129 signal. When try to run a check switch now, it is not recognizing 129 (although I can still see the signal). I have had problems in the past with the SW64. Sometimes I will have to run the switch test like a dozen times to get it to syn up correctly. I am thinking that it is having problems with only seeing 5 TPs at 129?? It may be time to upgrade the switch, I just really don't want to spend the money for the switch and three LNBs if I don't need to.

Well, not exactly. When I aimed the dish last weekend, I had to trick the switch by swaping the inputs from 129 and 119 in order to see the 129 signal. When try to run a check switch now, it is not recognizing 129 (although I can still see the signal). I have had problems in the past with the SW64. Sometimes I will have to run the switch test like a dozen times to get it to syn up correctly. I am thinking that it is having problems with only seeing 5 TPs at 129?? It may be time to upgrade the switch, I just really don't want to spend the money for the switch and three LNBs if I don't need to.

For unknown reasons, 129 legacy evens will not pass thru a check switch and all you get are the odds. You can see what all has been tried here.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-check-switch-started-lately.html#post1712298

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts