Question on possible connection of 61.5, 110, and 119 to 2 receivers

medprodman

Original poster
Jul 16, 2004
First I would like to say that is a great site with a lot of helpful info..

Is it possible to connect 3 single Legacy LNBF's (2 on one Dish 500 pointing to 110 and 119 and 1 on another Dish 500 pointing to 61.5) to 2 receivers? If yes, what switch will I need? Also, is there any problem using a 322 in this setup (which I guess actually creates 3 receivers in my system instead of just 2). I am not sure that Dish network will let me use a 322 since I am not a new customer.

medprodman said:

Is it possible to connect 3 single Legacy LNBF's (2 on one Dish 500 pointing to 110 and 119 and 1 on another Dish 500 pointing to 61.5) to 2 receivers? If yes, what switch will I need? Also, is there any problem using a 322 in this setup (which I guess actually creates 3 receivers in my system instead of just 2). I am not sure that Dish network will let me use a 322 since I am not a new customer.

When you say 2 single Legacy's on the Dish500 for 110/119, is the LNB all one piece or two pieces?? I just want ot make sure your not confusing it with a Twin

If the LNB's are Duals(2 outputs on each LNB), all you would need is a SW64
If the LNB's are single, I don't think its possible with 2 receivers.
Otherwise, if you just want 2 receivers, you can get a Legacy Twin and 2 SW21 switches.

If the receivers are DishPro compatible (3 digit models), you might want to switch to DishPro

medprodman said:

If using 3 ea. Legacy Single LNBF's you will need 2 dishes- at least 1 500 dish and 1 300 dish (for the 61.5), or 2 ea 500 dishes.

If using all Legacy recievers or 1 Legacy and 1 DP receiver, you will need a SW64 switch to combine the 3 separate signals into one cable going to each receiver, or if using all DP receivers you can use a DP-34 Switch. Keep in mind that if using a DP-34 switch, the LNBF and receivers MUST be DP also.

Dual tuners (322, 522, 921, etc...) work excellent with DP-34 switches... although since they are in fact dual tuners, 1 receiver will use up 2 ports on whatever switch you use. However, seeing since you are an existing customer and do not have a 322 right now, well then I guess I'm not the only one whining at the fact that new connects are the only customers that can even THINK about obtaining one. :rolleyes:

I hope this helped... aim the 61.5 to the ground and see what happens!