Question on turning on new TV and Hopper 3

LindaB

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2022
Sapphire, NC
Hi everyone,
We got a new TV that is hooked up to a Hopper 3. With our old tv, every time we turned on the system with the dish remote it would go on to the dish network. Now every time we turn on with the remote it goes to the TV and apps first, then we have to use the TV remote to switch back over to Dish network. I am sure it is just a setting somewhere, just not sure where to start to look. As they were both sony tv's the remote worked as soon as we hooked up the new tv, so we didn't think we had to redo set up with remote for new tv, but guess there is still something wrong in a setting of some kind. Any help is apppreciated.
Thank You

No have not tried that because when we first turned it on, channels changed, volume, etc. I will try that next, thanks, will let you know if that works

Reactions: charlesrshell
Okay, just checked the remote and that is fine, correct remote. So I turned system off and waited for Hopper light to go off, then turned system back on and goes right to Sony TV Home screen, I waited a minute and all of a sudden it switched to the Hopper. We have our Sony Soundbar plugged into the ARC which needs to be. Our Hopper HDMI is plugged into 1.
But should not have to have it go to Sony TV home screen first and wait minute for it to switch over to Hopper 3??? When you turn on with remote, shouldn't everything turn on and just go to Dish Hopper 3 first?? So frustrating, UGH

Okay, just checked the remote and that is fine, correct remote. So I turned system off and waited for Hopper light to go off, then turned system back on and goes right to Sony TV Home screen, I waited a minute and all of a sudden it switched to the Hopper. We have our Sony Soundbar plugged into the ARC which needs to be. Our Hopper HDMI is plugged into 1.
But should not have to have it go to Sony TV home screen first and wait minute for it to switch over to Hopper 3??? When you turn on with remote, shouldn't everything turn on and just go to Dish Hopper 3 first?? So frustrating, UGH
Try plugging Hopper into another TV HDMI input.

Try plugging Hopper into another TV HDMI input.
Okay, just tried that, we used to have our HDMI into 1 so that is where we put in on the new tv, however I just looked and on new TV it says hdmi4 is for 4K 120, so I put the HDMI into that from the hopper, but still when turning on system it goes to the TV home screen first

Not sure I understand. I left the HDMI in 4 because on back it does say for 4K 120. This is the connection from the Hopper 3. The TV is brand new, 2022 Sony XR-65A80K

Not sure I understand. I left the HDMI in 4 because on back it does say for 4K 120. This is the connection from the Hopper 3. The TV is brand new, 2022 Sony XR-65A80K
I would call Sony support. Sounds like something in the new Sony model causing your issue. I hope it is a TV setting someplace!

Reactions: TheKrell
I would call Sony support. Sounds like something in the new Sony model causing your issue. I hope it is a TV setting someplace!
Thanks and yes I guess that will be our next step.
New Technology, isn't it supposed to be easier. Our old Sony was booting up every time we turned it on for about 3-4 minutes and then was also freezing up, so just decided it was 6-7 years old and time to replace it.

Thanks and yes I guess that will be our next step.
New Technology, isn't it supposed to be easier. Our old Sony was booting up every time we turned it on for about 3-4 minutes and then was also freezing up, so just decided it was 6-7 years old and time to replace it.
I hear ya. It's always something causes headaches! Good luck. Let us know how goes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts