Question regarding Monster Power HTS2000

Vice Grips

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I have a chance to pick one up for $90. Is it worth it? I bellieve there is a newer version of this unit that is a MKII. Is there a significant difference between the two models?

Did a quick search and the only difference I can found is the MKII has $125,000 insurance coverage and ~1800 joules protection.

The 2000 has $100,000 and ~1600 joule protection.

There might be more sutble differences, but that is what stuck out to me.

Each has 1 satellite and 2 coax pass-throughs & phone suppression.

Both will offer some protection from surges. Neither will protect from brown-out (low-voltage drops) or direct lightning hits to phone or satellite lead in.

Depending on your set-up, you may want to think about a power conditioner or battery backup with surge protection.

On the low end, you can get a couple of computer UPS units or go high end and look for a richard gray power conditioners. Some cost more than a whole home theater setup.

It is supposed to be a power conditoner of some sort. I'm not sure if there is anything different in that regard with the old one. The new model has a version 2 power conditioner. I have not been able to find anything about the older model. Also the new one has a digital output for volts and amps on 2 outlets. The older one doesn't. The sky sure seems like the limit for some of the expensive power conditioners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)