Question regarding Monster Power HTS2000

Vice Grips

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2004
I have a chance to pick one up for $90. Is it worth it? I bellieve there is a newer version of this unit that is a MKII. Is there a significant difference between the two models?

Did a quick search and the only difference I can found is the MKII has $125,000 insurance coverage and ~1800 joules protection.

The 2000 has $100,000 and ~1600 joule protection.

There might be more sutble differences, but that is what stuck out to me.

Each has 1 satellite and 2 coax pass-throughs & phone suppression.

Both will offer some protection from surges. Neither will protect from brown-out (low-voltage drops) or direct lightning hits to phone or satellite lead in.

Depending on your set-up, you may want to think about a power conditioner or battery backup with surge protection.

On the low end, you can get a couple of computer UPS units or go high end and look for a richard gray power conditioners. Some cost more than a whole home theater setup.

It is supposed to be a power conditoner of some sort. I'm not sure if there is anything different in that regard with the old one. The new model has a version 2 power conditioner. I have not been able to find anything about the older model. Also the new one has a digital output for volts and amps on 2 outlets. The older one doesn't. The sky sure seems like the limit for some of the expensive power conditioners.

Wanna change the international program

EchoStar names David Rayner CFO as of Dec 27

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts