Not open for further replies.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Hello everyone,
I have a question, is there a reason why we don't allow bigger sigs? Like something around 370x130, it be cool :).
Is it because we have so many members on the website and the load for the pages would be slower?
I do apolagize If this question was asked before.

I actually like the small sigs. I and many others come to read the posts, not deal with 10 metre tall sigs and images as seen on some other mboards. Some parenting boards are really bad as some members post oodles of pics of their kids or other items.

exactly. and some of us that decide to post a fair amount of our stuff in the sig use font size 1 so its smaller. Nothing suck than seeing someone post a 2 sentence response only to scan down through 20 lines of equipment (the ones that post each piece per line really bugs me)

I think he is talking about the Avatar perhaps? Are you talking about the picture in the corner by your name? Because in the signature there are no pictures allowed.

I think he is talking about the Avatar perhaps? Are you talking about the picture in the corner by your name? Because in the signature there are no pictures allowed.

I do think he meant avatar. But again, I think that we don't need them any larger. It would just make scrolling through each post longer.

BUT on sigs, I am with Iceberg: keep them small. Itty bitty tiny text is best. And 3 - 4 lines at that, please! :)

You can put pics in sigs, if mods allow. Go look Scott has it turned off. I agree that he should keep it that way.

I agree with little voice - with a slow dial-up the Avatars seem to slow down a thread load by minutes! And that also eats battery life. So as a realated question, and sorry if I should know as search displays some times take 10 to 15 minutes to show, can we disable avatar displays? TNX POP

rv1pop, another option if you are dial up is to use PDA mode. It won't look as pretty, but everything will load MUCH faster!

I think some of these points have been discussed before.

I do have high speed but still have a problem with:
- avatars any bigger than we now have (they seem adequate)
- animated avatars! arghhhhh so distracting, and can't be good for dialup users!
- signatures over two lines (and they should all be forced to 1-point text, too)
- signatures with any user-graphic (seems an abuse to the rules)
- signatures with the count-down timers - nobody cares when you're going on vacation!
- signatures with your score on some game - again, nobody cares!

If we were looking to add something useful, how about different signatures depending on which forum department we were in?
Nobody in TV cares that I have FTA equipment.
I doubt anyone in FTA cares about my surround sound system.
And for the PIT, you could have as obnoxious a sig as you wanted! :D

But, only one avatar per person.
It's confusing enough when a new person joins with the same "face" as one of the regulars.

But, only one avatar per person.
It's confusing enough when a new person joins with the same "face" as one of the regulars.

It would be nice if only one person could use an avatar as it is confusing sometime (I don't think that vBulletin can do this, since users can rename images :(), I have seen Turbosat's avatar used a few times and I though it was him :rolleyes: at least we know your avatar is unique and will not be used by anyone else :) :up

1) I thought this site would re-size images but it doesn't seem to. I'm sure there's a max size allowed so if yours is smaller, it allows it. The 1st time I uploaded one, it was way too big for *my* taste, so I re-sized it and re-uploaded it.
2) If you really dislike animated gifs, you can stop them if you're using Mozilla or Firefox. Not sure about other browsers. Problem is, this setting affects *all* animated gifs anywhere, not just avatars here.
3) There is a "rule" here regarding .sigs. It's enforced when a violation is pointed out. The admins don't go looking for them, so if you see one, PM the people in charge.
4) I'm positive that's not even an option.
5) I agree, those are really lame.... Problem is, they're a "feature" that paying members are given.
6) Adblock :) Best part with it is you can block entire domains or the directory where they store those. You can block, for example, http://www.gamescore.com/user/images/*.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts