Questions about 722

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

uptownvideo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2006
I am getting a new Dish 722 upgrade next week from a 522 and have a few operaional questions.

Does this have a built in HD over the air antenna. If it does can I record OTA to the DVR? This would come in handy because I can get some channels that Dish doesn't have.

What exactly is the ethernet port for? Can I program the DVR online like TIVO can?

When the Sat receiver is turned off will I be able to tune my tv to the local HD channels if I have it hooked up with the rf cable as well as the hdmi cable?

Thanks.

I am getting a new Dish 722 upgrade next week from a 522 and have a few operaional questions.

Does this have a built in HD over the air antenna. If it does can I record OTA to the DVR? This would come in handy because I can get some channels that Dish doesn't have.

What exactly is the ethernet port for? Can I program the DVR online like TIVO can?

When the Sat receiver is turned off will I be able to tune my tv to the local HD channels if I have it hooked up with the rf cable as well as the hdmi cable?

Thanks.

722 does have an ota tuner, digital only but no analog (which will not matter to some next week or others after June). You can record one channel at a time unless you get the 722k.
Eithernet will waive second tuner charge if you do not have a landline phone line, it will allow dvr scheduling in the future. You can also download VOD movies to the hard drive to view.
You will only get the screen saver if the receiver is powered off. It does not have pass thru, you can split the ota coax before connecting the receiver and connect to tv that way.

Thanks.

- You can do online scheduling now if you get accepted in the sling guide beta:
Sling Media - SlingGuide

- The rumer is in a couple weeks the 722K is coming out with 2 OTA tuners. I beleive you can upgrade the regular 722 as well.

- I leave my 622 on all the time. it turns itself on when it's recording something anyway. I would be interested to see if there is any power savings by turning it off. If there is, I doubt it's much.

- When the 722 is on you can watch OTA or SAT channels. When the 722 is off you can't watch anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)