Questions about adding a second receiver VIP211K

bcsman

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 27, 2009
Michigan
I have an account with only one receiver 301. I am thinking of adding a second receiver a VIP211K. Have a couple questions first please:

1) I understand according to the new pricing scheme the second receiver would cost me $7 per month correct??
2) I currently have a Dish 500 setup with the old 2 separate LNB's. No problems with my 301, but will the newer VIP211K function with this??
3) Currently don't have a dish pointed at an HD satellite. Can I still activate this HD receiver for SD only until I add a Dish satellite pointed at HD??
4) Figured I would purchase this receiver even tho I don't have HD right now so I won't have to upgrade again if I choose to go HD. Does this make sense??

Will give The DishStore.net a call to see what they have....

1) I understand according to the new pricing scheme the second receiver would cost me $7 per month correct??
2) I currently have a Dish 500 setup with the old 2 separate LNB's. No problems with my 301, but will the newer VIP211K function with this??
3) Currently don't have a dish pointed at an HD satellite. Can I still activate this HD receiver for SD only until I add a Dish satellite pointed at HD??
4) Figured I would purchase this receiver even tho I don't have HD right now so I won't have to upgrade again if I choose to go HD. Does this make sense??

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. As long as you have a dish pointed at 129 or 61.5, yes.

I would personally just get the receiver and give Dish a call to see if you can have a tech install a 1000.2 dish for little to nothing. Far cheaper than buying it yourself and way easier to let them deal with pointing the thing.

thanks magnum,

No at this time don't have anything pointed at 61 or 129. But I see there are Mpeg-4 channels on 110 that are part of the America's Choice 250 package which I have. When I get the VIP 221K activated will I be able to watch those channels or do I have to have the HD programming package to see ANY HD??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

thanks magnum,

No at this time don't have anything pointed at 61 or 129. But I see there are Mpeg-4 channels on 110 that are part of the America's Choice 250 package which I have. When I get the VIP 221K activated will I be able to watch those channels or do I have to have the HD programming package to see ANY HD??? Inquiring minds want to know!!!
If you pay for locals, you get HD locals (where available.)
If you pay for any extra packages like HBO/Showtime/Starz/etc you will get the HD channel as well.

This is all providing you are pointed at 61.5 or 129. No HD will ever show up unless you are pointed at one of those birds.

And I just ordered the VIP221K from The Dishstore.net They had a really good price, about the same as some used ones I saw on Ebay...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts