Questions about EHD and 211k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
I know there have been a few other threads about this lately - but I have not seen any answers to these specific questions about turning a 211k into a DVR via an External Hard Drive.

#1) What size of drive is required for HD DVR functionality? I would go with a 320 gb or 500 gb drive and wondered how many hours of HD recording they would store.

#2) Is the $40 fee one time per receiver, account, or drive?

#3) Do the pause, rewind, and ff functions on the 211 remote work when you do this? I know you can not watch one thing and record another (unless you use OTA which I do not) but does it still always record some live TV like the 722 HD DVR does?

#4) Are the recordings receiver specific - if I record something on the 211k can I move it (via the EHD) to the 722 upstairs and vice versa?

#5) How do timers work with an EHD DVR? If I select something in the future on the program guide does EHD come up as an option along with VCR, Autotune, and Reminder? Does the DVR button on the remote function the same way as the 722?

If these questions have been previously answered elsewhere just link to that thread and I will read it - but I could not find them and I am on the site multiple times a day.

Thanks for all your help.

hey...
you have to have a ehd of 50GB to 1TB,,,,,
The $40.00 fee is one time for one family of rcvr's.....if you would want another ehd for the 722 it would be another 40.00 fee. You can not move the EHD from 211 to 722, you can only move it if you have to 211's or two 722's.

Yes the pause, rewind works the same as on the 722

Everything for recording works the same as on your 722

Hope that helps

yea 50GB up to 1 TB. SOme people you know they wanna go cheap and buy the smalles possible EHD> But you have to have at least 50GB.

Would my 722 and 222 be considered the "same family of rcvr's" for moving the DVR between the rcvr's?

Hold on there! What is your receiver...a 211 (in original post) or a 222?
First, no EHD for 222.
Second, 622/722/612s and 211s NOT interchangeable. $40 for for the 6 & 7s, $40 for the 211.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts