Questions about Hopper Duo

babnmn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2011
Arizona
Current system setup. 2-vip 722 and 2-vip722k. Both Vip722 use the built in OTA tuner. Looking to try out Hopper Duo receiver. Question #1 : Can a Hopper Duo be on an account with Vip units ? , #2 - Will I loose Grandfathered DVR fee ? , # 3 - Can the hopper duo use a OTA dongle for OTA ? . Before you guys get all crazy about suggesting a Hopper 3 , everyone in the household likes there own DVR . Thank You.

You can only have 1 Hopper Duo and cannot combine it with VIP receivers. If you have 4 receivers and up to 8 TV’s, Hopper 3 is your only option

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Another way to lose customers , don't offer what they want. I guess i will use the vip series until they die or dish forces there demise.

Reactions: the mack
Current system setup. 2-vip 722 and 2-vip722k. Both Vip722 use the built in OTA tuner. Looking to try out Hopper Duo receiver. Question #1 : Can a Hopper Duo be on an account with Vip units ? , #2 - Will I loose Grandfathered DVR fee ? , # 3 - Can the hopper duo use a OTA dongle for OTA ? . Before you guys get all crazy about suggesting a Hopper 3 , everyone in the household likes there own DVR . Thank You.

You can have 2 Hopper 1's or 2 Hopper 2's or even 2 Hopper 3's. USB OTA dongles work on all of them and yes, you will lose the grandfathered DVR fee.

Another way to lose customers , don't offer what they want. I guess i will use the vip series until they die or dish forces there demise.

Isn’t that kind of like saying that a successful restaurant that has never served seafood is going to lose customers because they don’t serve seafood?

I’m sure that dish has a reason for only allowing one hopper duo and I’m sure that to most of us that reason I would absolutely make no sense whatsoever, but it is what it is. Personally, I think any dual tuner is a waste Because of the limitations when it comes to recording and having both TVs on.

I may be way off base here, but I think it's likely that the entire Hopper whole house receiver concept was created to prevent account stacking. I mean, I used to know a guy who had six receivers on his account, he used one and rented out the other five. Having secondary receivers tied to the main receiver kind of prevents taking those secondary receivers to another location. I'm surprised that DISH even approves two Hoppers on the same account.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)